56/55 Ford 2dr Sedan

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I'd make a build thread for my Dad's new project, everyone likes build threads! :) Hopefully will be able to get my hands dirty with this car.

Dad just finished the new shop and was itching for a project. Last weekend we went and looked at 2 cars this guy had, 56 fairlane 2dr hardtop and a 56 ford 2dr sedan with a 55 front. My dad has been looking for an older car, preferably with little to no panel replacement since basically the only think he isn't super comfortable/good at is welding. The guy (who had previously had a small resto business) had done some body work on the 56 ford 2dr sedan, including putting a 55 front on it. The 56 fairlane 2dr hardtop required A LOT more work, cost a lot more and the guy didn't want to sell the car that badly. After going over both cars, Dad immediately fell in love with the 56/55. The seller recommended we go home and think about it, but that wasn't an option since the decision was already made and we didn't want someone else buying it. After standing in the cold for way too long (the temperature dropped suddenly while we were there and began snowing) my dad was able to put a deposit on the car when the seller took a breather from talking (very chatty guy, but it was good since he knew these cars inside and out). Just liked the mustang it was the first vehicle we looked at, but saw the potential in it and told the seller we'd buy it without going home and thinking about it.

Yesterday the car arrived at home, so I thought I'd put a build thread up. Wanted to take better record of the build than we did on the mustang.

56 Ford 2 dr sedan
55 front end
55 Meteor grill (Canadian and rare)
302 v8 auto (From a f-150, was told it runs and drives. Didn't even try to start it because it will likely get swapped out)
Galaxy seats? Newly redone, will likely get swapped out.

Plan:
Dad wants to do a restomod; modern suspension and engine. The exterior might get some more mix and match between years and trim level based off what my dad decide he likes.

Here are some pictures at the seller's place. Its the red/pink/brown one.

56 Ford Project by richaaarrrddd, on Flickr

56 Ford Project by richaaarrrddd, on Flickr

EQiyX4rl.jpg

fVNVZwIl.jpg

AaLBOdDl.jpg

c48a6H1l.jpg

YIhU7V8l.jpg

8lTXiWDl.jpg

zTQ09zfl.jpg

Will update the build as it slowly progresses.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cougar in the garage?
Si

b3wPOlll.jpg

Asks us if we wanted to see what was in the garage, was not expecting a beautiful comp orange cougar. Then goes on that he doesn't like orange and some guy traded it for his victoria. He later found out about my car and thought I was offended from previous comment. Haha, no no i understand orange is pretty out there.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Hoooooooooooly sh!!!!!!t!!!!! My dad has a 55 4 door, it was his first car, loooooove that car. On the trunk it says ford-o-matic and Customliner on the fenders. Wish he could fix it up too. I'll be tagging along on this!!

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing new really. Collecting parts, dad picked up some factory rear quarters that are in good shape. Also a 8.8 rear end.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online