6 months with the new motor and motor issues arise.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
their verbal contract is good for a warm breeze of hot air on a cold winter's day...

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Wow, that's some bad luck. Did you do a compression test on the engine before you installed it?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
MustangChris said:
their verbal contract is good for a warm breeze of hot air on a cold winter's day...

+1

Paul said:
so whos fault would you say it is?

Why does it have to be someone's fault? Performance cars break down. It happens. All the time.

You shouldn't rely on what others have to say. You bought a used performance motor, with no warranty. If you wanted to be sure it was in good working order, then an initial compression and leakdown test would've been in order, plus an inspection of the motor, etc. The only way to be sure something is in good condition is to verify it yourself.

This is why I stopped going to shops altogether. You can't trust anyone but yourself, then when it breaks, you only have yourself to blame.

Paul.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Paul said:
Why does it have to be someone's fault? Performance cars break down. It happens. All the time.
Very true, maybe fault wasn't the right word to use here.

Paul said:
You shouldn't rely on what others have to say. You bought a used performance motor, with no warranty. If you wanted to be sure it was in good working order, then an initial compression and leakdown test would've been in order, plus an inspection of the motor, etc. The only way to be sure something is in good condition is to verify it yourself.
Believe me, I am kicking myself for not doing this when I had the opportunity.

Paul said:
This is why I stopped going to shops altogether. You can't trust anyone but yourself, then when it breaks, you only have yourself to blame.

Paul.
I just got back from HPP and they basically want an arm and a leg. While they did give me an estimate for worst case scenario like adding new pistons, rods, crank, etc. to the picture, the price still came out to quite a bit even if i don't end up needing these parts, depending if my current internals are trash or not. HPP is a great shop though, they've really helped me out over the past couple years when i've had questions, tuning, etc. but its to much money to just rebuild a motor.

Sooo, that is why me and my dad are going to be rebuilding the entire motor on our own this time. I will know if anything happens to the motor that it is all on my shoulders, but also because I know its going to be done right and done with care. Today I am getting the garage spotless while my dad is at work. This weekend, we are going to tear the motor apart and try and have it sent off to the machine shop sometime next week.

So, rebuild number 2, here we go! lol. I need a project name for this car... maybe like, Project "Bastard" or Project "I like to give Trey a hard time and make him unhappy a lot".. hmmm

Wish me luck!

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Good luck with the rebuild. I have shyt blow up all the time, so I know how it feels. That's why I just started doing everything myself.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
xploder17s said:
so emo lol
?

Paul said:
Good luck with the rebuild. I have shyt blow up all the time, so I know how it feels. That's why I just started doing everything myself.
hopefully this will be the last time something blows up for a while. im looking forward to enjoying this rebuild and driving it for a while hah.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
That sucks balls. But Paul is right, you bought a used motor knowing it was a used motor. It is hard enough trying to get any kind of warranty on a new "high performance" motor, they damn sure are not going to warranty a used one. I know I would not.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
I'll have to agree what most other people say. Buying anything from anyone that isn't brand new, still sealed in the original packaging
comes with the risk of it being "not what the previous owner made it cracked up to be." "verbal" contracts that are unrecorded via audio
or documented with witnesses, aren't worth much in the courtroom. My prevoius experiences have taught me that if i have to buy anthing
from anyone that involves moving parts, write out an agreement.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
just like marrige... get a pre-nup... notice how the jaw moves alot on a woman... ... those moving parts are always teh ones that go bad...

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
just like marrige... get a pre-nup... notice how the jaw moves alot on a woman... ... those moving parts are always teh ones that go bad...
MustangChris said:
MustangChris said:
but blessings come in odd shapped packages sometimes... like a fat chick who rubs your feet everyday...
MustangChris said:
Paul said:
It's not really fair for you to trash the shop. You bought a used motor with no warranty, and it eventually went bad. That's not their fault.

Caveat Emptor.

ah yes, "carve the emperor"... meaning: "sue the owner" ....
MustangChris said:
its like asking your doctor "does this condom have latex?" .. "no" ... "he, my wing-man fell off, that condom had latex"... "sucks to be you" would that go over so well?

teach me oh mighty juan ....i wish to be wise.... MUSTANGCHRIS"T" FTGD-MFW

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
will do, im about to jack the car up in the garage here in a couple minutes and start disconnecting the lines and wires. its been raining all morning but its been sunny now for an hour or so so its time to do work!

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
well i got a good amount done today. got the car all jacked up, hood off, wheels off. i got the whole wiring harness nearly out, tomorrow ill have it done after about 10 minutes. just have to do the lower side of the motor. i also got the upper intake off, the battery connections, battery, all fluids drained, radiators fan, the coolant reservoir, cold air intake, plug wires, etc... i worked for about 3 hours today so i feel pretty good about everything.

tomorrow i should be ready to lift the motor out (if my dad comes home early enough, we will lift it out). so not much left till its out!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online