7-second 1500hp street car build

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
13cdcb85ef5eebba3ebfd22b9c640544.jpg

New Cobra bumper made it in. Waiting on the lip and new side scoops so everything can go to paint at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
8fce0fe1e2cbb415a0aeef97efe7f99f.jpg

Going to order a set of fender exit exhaust rings this weekend for the 3 inch down pipes on each side.

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
604b97b882a9b7c4a2eb25cda1ea13cd.jpg

This was last time I had her out In 2012. Since then two 4 cylinder turbo builds and a whole lot of life. But this year she will return. It’s good to be back in the v8 game. With my favorite body style since I was in high school.

Boostr1

Reaction score
604b97b882a9b7c4a2eb25cda1ea13cd.jpg

This was last time I had her out In 2012. Since then two 4 cylinder turbo builds and a whole lot of life. But this year she will return. It’s good to be back in the v8 game. With my favorite body style since I was in high school.

The Creeper pic...

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
Question for anyone running or has run skinnies in the past. How are they on the street? And is it worth it on a car that’s predominantly street driven?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Question for anyone running or has run skinnies in the past. How are they on the street? And is it worth it on a car that’s predominantly street driven?

They get caught in grooves in the road a lot. If the highway isn’t smooth you’ll know it quick. Plus they don’t corner worth a darn.

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
Appreciate it. I will get the 17 by 7 weld rts front rims so i can turn and perform emergency maneuvers.

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
Parts are slowly but surely starting to make it in. Fed Ex has been terrible with their deliveries. I had two parts shipped using them. One I ordered a week after the first one which was a sn95 driveshaft safety loop. The other was a 2-speed mark 8 radiator cooling fan. The cooling fan made it in yesterday the loop which was at the same facility as the fan is there and in a pending status. I called several times and I love in NY and I have a customer service agent in Texas trying to help me with a part that is stuck at there buffalo terminal. So needless to say my attempts have been fruitless.

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
So my tuner made the mistake of telling me the downpipes out the fender where 3 inch. Fender exit rings made it in and did not fit cause apparently my down pipes are 3.5 inch. So I ordered some 4 inch ones that should be in on Tuesday and he is going to buy the 3.5 inch set that were the wrong size. Just for reference for anyone doing fender exits and looking for fender exit exhaust rings, you have to order a half inch larger then what your exhaust is so that the inside diameter of the ring gives room for the exhaust to flex/move under braking and acceleration.

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
Question for all. The car currently is setup with 3.55 gears and a 28 inch tire, which essentially makes the car effectively due to taller/diameter of the tire a 3.31/3.27 gear car. Would there be a benefit going from a 28 to 30 inch tire to pick up some mile per hour and traction or should I see what the 28 inch tire does and go from there? I am thinking the latter but I would love to hear your thoughts.

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
Killer build can’t wait to see this all buttoned up dude

I was looking for ways to save weight as the built 4l80e is a heavy pig. So shortening/limiting the exhaust helps and looks sinister in my opinion.

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
Plans for the car this summer is too run it and enjoy it. Depending on well it does and this maybe sacrilege, but my plan is to convert it to 4wd by changing the tail shaft housing on the 4l80e, adding custom hubs up front and a transfer case and turning up the boost for a 1500whp 4wd sn95 which I believe would be a worlds first all while keeping the car in the 7’s which will also be a worlds first.

BigBore96

Reaction score
but my plan is to convert it to 4wd by changing the tail shaft housing on the 4l80e, adding custom hubs up front and a transfer case and turning up the boost for a 1500whp 4wd sn95 which I believe would be a worlds first all

That needs to happen. Like I NEED to see it! Something like that or a mid engine swap sn95 are life goals.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
That needs to happen. Like I NEED to see it! Something like that or a mid engine swap sn95 are life goals.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A mid engine setup would be sweet. But when I think about it, when you do those swaps in cars that were not designed from the factory to have the engine sit behind you-they never perform the way you envision. They handle worse, are cooling challenged (unless you can fabricate the side scoops to function as intakes-not a bad idea) and the straight line acceleration is minimal compared to a properly setup rwd car and they actually do worse at the track. Plus, I cant imagine hacking up my trunk to make it work compromising the structure of the car like a Mitsubishi did with EVO RS by shaving the frame to save weight-which led to a host of problems when people started adding power. With the 4wd concept-I don’t have to cut up the car and cooling is unaffected. There is a weight penalty but the traction far offsets that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online