7-second 1500hp street car build

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
We are almost there. Should have it running this upcoming week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rons95GT

Not a new member
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice build. I have a lot of the same engine internals, rear end parts, etc., but no turbos. Went with a Paxton Novi 2000. Mine is making less than 1/2 the hp you are expecting. I am just curious, how streetable can a 1500 hp car possibly be? Seems like a difficult task.

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
As streetable as your suspension, tire, and engine management system. I have traction control/engine torque management as part of my stand alone engine management, on the fly adjustable boost controller, full strange double adjustable coil overs and 28 inch street radial pros. Don’t have real world results yet but I will show you/post them when I do.

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Turbo cars will always be easier to manage on the street with big power. Just needs a good tune and a quality boost controller to reel it in when not needed.

Check out Ryans build. His twin turbo saleen makes over 1k and he drives it on the street with no issues. He has build threads for his toys here. The H8train is a beast!!!!

Rons95GT

Not a new member
Reaction score
I see, more tech than I am used to. I just now got a wide band. I’m getting over the hill.

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Turbo cars will always be easier to manage on the street with big power. Just needs a good tune and a quality boost controller to reel it in when not needed.
Check out Ryans build. His twin turbo saleen makes over 1k and he drives it on the street with no issues. He has build threads for his toys here. The H8train is a beast!!!!

Agreed. My car purrs like a kitten, drives on the street like a stocker, and has run 5.80's in the 1/8th while breaking yet another transmission. LOL. It makes an estimated 1,300+rwhp. I have 3.27 rear gears, run a 275 drag radial and it is very nice on the street.

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
Agreed. My car purrs like a kitten, drives on the street like a stocker, and has run 5.80's in the 1/8th while breaking yet another transmission. LOL. It makes an estimated 1,300+rwhp. I have 3.27 rear gears, run a 275 drag radial and it is very nice on the street.

What transmission are you running? And what’s your set up? I am shooting for low 5’s in the 1/8 after I get the suspension dialed in.

TTSaleen

Reaction score
What transmission are you running? And what’s your set up? I am shooting for low 5’s in the 1/8 after I get the suspension dialed in.
I've had T-56 manuals, 4R70 manual valve body auto, and most recently a fully built 6R80. Now it is down while I decide if I am going Powerglide or Turbo 400 next as my car should be easily a mid to low 5 sec capable ride.

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
I was going to go 6r80 but I have heard that they have a issue of short shifting that can’t be tuned out. When you lose traction it shifts. Plus it has too many hears before you get to your 1:1 ratio gear which it slows you down at the rack. Some guys have overcome this by running extreme power levels. But as far streetability it is as civilized as transmission can be.

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
e6c6250fb6697a19016b7fe59a8eb18c.jpg

Seats going in

TTSaleen

Reaction score
I was going to go 6r80 but I have heard that they have a issue of short shifting that can’t be tuned out. When you lose traction it shifts. Plus it has too many hears before you get to your 1:1 ratio gear which it slows you down at the rack. Some guys have overcome this by running extreme power levels. But as far streetability it is as civilized as transmission can be.
The multi-gear spread is actually a positive. It enables the car to move out / accelerate much faster down the track. However you basically have 2 choices when it comes to control of the transmission. You either use the US Shift Quick6 controller (like I have) or you go thru the hassle of putting a 2011-2014 Mustang GT wiring harness on your car with the computer and have it tuned for your car and retain the 6R80 functions. I chose the $1,250 Quick6 controller and while it does work, I've had my own share of issues with it.
For my racing, I prefer a manual valve body which is why I am going to put a Glide or T400 in my TTSaleen.
However I am currently installing the 6R80 into my 2003 Mach 1 project using the Quick6 controller. At 800hp it should function better. I just don't think the controller works well at higher torque/hp levels.

Your build looks like it's off to a great start.
Ryan

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
The multi-gear spread is actually a positive. It enables the car to move out / accelerate much faster down the track. However you basically have 2 choices when it comes to control of the transmission. You either use the US Shift Quick6 controller (like I have) or you go thru the hassle of putting a 2011-2014 Mustang GT wiring harness on your car with the computer and have it tuned for your car and retain the 6R80 functions. I chose the $1,250 Quick6 controller and while it does work, I've had my own share of issues with it.
For my racing, I prefer a manual valve body which is why I am going to put a Glide or T400 in my TTSaleen.
However I am currently installing the 6R80 into my 2003 Mach 1 project using the Quick6 controller. At 800hp it should function better. I just don't think the controller works well at higher torque/hp levels.

Your build looks like it's off to a great start.
Ryan

That’s sounds like a great project. I was going to do the th400 but wanted a more expressway friendly transmission so I went with a built manual valve body 4l80e. Having that extra gear may cost weight but it definitely improves drivability and allows me not to have to gear the rear down low numerically to have good street manners. If I was doing just drag racing the th400 is the way to go up to a certain point. The 4l80e has the same gear ratios as th400 just the added overdrive gear. I elected to do a non lock up ptc converter. Because they have less issues using a non-lock up converter. But it will still drop the rpms down to keep everything nice and cool.

OP
OP
94strokedstang

94strokedstang

Reaction score
That thing looks insane man.... how did the shifter turn out?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks! We had to adjust the shifter cause it was running against the console when placed in 1st. Will have pics up soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.