70MM TB and GT40 lower Questions hurry!

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ok well im soon to be getting my injectors installed and to do this they have to pull the KB. i was curious where can i get a gt40 lower intake only. is it as simple as unbolting the stock lower? and i need a bigger TB what size should i go with? Brand? and the biggest question is, i have a stock TB right now if i go bigger will i need a new intake? any help would be awesome.

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
i see explorer lowers ( same as gt-40) all on ebay all the time.

as far as the tb id go at least with a 70mm the cai will still work

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
keep checking ebay, new ones come up every day. i got mine off of ebay. jus search "gt40 intake" or "gt 40 intake" and someone will have it

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
well i went to go talk to the guys at HPP again today. The lower gt40 is just not going to be in the budget. I was thinking it would be simple bolt on and put the KB back on then go, well theres a little more work than that. On the other hand Im upgrading from a 55MM TB to a 75MM TB, and 42LBS injectors. HPP is charging me $350 out the door, for installing the TB and new Injectors, and a new tune. not bad at all.

Has anyone seen big gains by upgrading their TB?

jimgt95

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
well i went to go talk to the guys at HPP again today. The lower gt40 is just not going to be in the budget. I was thinking it would be simple bolt on and put the KB back on then go, well theres a little more work than that. On the other hand Im upgrading from a 55MM TB to a 75MM TB, and 42LBS injectors. HPP is charging me $350 out the door, for installing the TB and new Injectors, and a new tune. not bad at all.

Has anyone seen big gains by upgrading their TB?

You have a 60mm throttle body, stock.

The standard Kenne Bell inlet has a 70 mm TB opening. I would recommend going with a 70 mm, not a 75mm. It will be a much smoother airflow transistion. You will not be gaining anything with a 75 over a 70 (in fact you may lose a bit due to airflow turbulence). You should see a little gain when going from a 60 to a 70 mm TB with your setup. I would estimate 5-8 hp. It really depends on what else you have in the inlet track. Don't expect big gains.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
hey jim, do you know of any good water/meth injection sites? im looking into them..

jimgt95

Reaction score
The two big ones that I can think of are snow performance and Anderson Ford Motorsports' Mr. Freeze. Just :google2: those names and you will find the sites.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online