!!!!8 Megapixels of Awesome Cars!!!!

gt96stang

Reaction score
Cars look great... Some pics need some practice, but nothing too serious... Like the picture of the car driving, I think you should have increased shutter speed a bit or at least the ISO. to make it look like it was standing still..

OP
OP
R

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
gt96stang said:
Cars look great... Some pics need some practice, but nothing too serious... Like the picture of the car driving, I think you should have increased shutter speed a bit or at least the ISO. to make it look like it was standing still..

The thing is, I just got the camera and am still learning about all it's features and stuff. It seems though that no matter what ISO or aperture size, it needs pretty long shutter speeds to expose properly.

This is exactly why this forum needs a photography subforum, right mods? :naughty:

Foster98GT

Reaction score
This is exactly why this forum needs a photography subforum, right mods? :naughty:
Let it be know i was the originator of this statement.................i think...

gt96stang

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
gt96stang said:

The thing is, I just got the camera and am still learning about all it's features and stuff. It seems though that no matter what ISO or aperture size, it needs pretty long shutter speeds to expose properly.

ahh... I see, yeah, I've got myself an 8mp canon rebel and took one photography class... I know a couple of things, but not a whole lot...
What kind of settings do you have?
full auto mode? aperture mode? shutter mode?

OP
OP
R

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
gt96stang said:
Red96GT said:
gt96stang said:

ahh... I see, yeah, I've got myself an 8mp canon rebel and took one photography class... I know a couple of things, but not a whole lot...

Cool. I'm guessing you have the XT right? And mine has full auto, aperture priority, shutter priority, full manual (I only use this), and 5 preset modes.

gt96stang

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
gt96stang said:
Red96GT said:
gt96stang said:

Cool. I'm guessing you have the XT right? And mine has full auto, aperture priority, shutter priority, full manual (I only use this), and 5 preset modes.

Yup, the digital model of course... Yeah, seems like mine have most all the same settings as yours does... I use the full manual when I'm really getting into it all and have a tripod with me and all that.. It's usually easier to just use one or the other (aperture/shutter) and let the camera do the rest when I'm just trying to shoot
Then I go into full auto if i'm feeling lazy :hammer: :hammer:

OP
OP
R

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
gt96stang said:
Red96GT said:
gt96stang said:
Red96GT said:
gt96stang said:

Yup, the digital model of course... Yeah, seems like mine have most all the same settings as yours does... I use the full manual when I'm really getting into it all and have a tripod with me and all that.. It's usually easier to just use one or the other (aperture/shutter) and let the camera do the rest when I'm just trying to shoot
Then I go into full auto if i'm feeling lazy :hammer: :hammer:

The XT and the e500 are pretty comparable, but I have a 35 mm Olympus that I liked and have had forever and this Olympus came with two lenses so that was an added bonus. O0

gt96stang

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
The XT and the e500 are pretty comparable, but I have a 35 mm Olympus that I liked and have had forever and this Olympus came with two lenses so that was an added bonus. O0

Yeah, I want to pick up a telescopic lens for mine... Just every time I think about buying one, I buy something else for the stang :hammer: :hammer:

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
hey, some really nice cars. since the camera's digital, keep practicing. i just started messing with rolling shots for the first time today. was pleased with some of the shots.

i have a nikon d40 and the new 55-200 lens i got with vibration reduction is great for it.

OP
OP
R

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
MyBoxersSayJoe said:
hey, some really nice cars. since the camera's digital, keep practicing. i just started messing with rolling shots for the first time today. was pleased with some of the shots.

i have a nikon d40 and the new 55-200 lens i got with vibration reduction is great for it.

Nice. Rolling shots are my favorite, and that one of the shelby GT350kr is my first one actually. Turned out really nice except for the location. If I could get that same picture in a road with a quiet background it would have been even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online