800hp for $1200.... I am there

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Its missing the entire hot side...

plus i thought you wanted a supercharger. You can get old vortech kits for that price. ou will still need support mods like fuel injectors pump etc. stock short block won't last at 400 hp.

$1200 for 800hp is not attainable on our platform.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Its missing the entire hot side...

plus i thought you wanted a supercharger. You can get old vortech kits for that price. ou will still need support mods like fuel injectors pump etc. stock short block won't last at 400 hp.

$1200 for 800hp is not attainable on our platform.

+1

Even if you manage to get it on the car the block wont last 2 passes, Rear end will go, Trans will blow. 450RW is the cap before major upgrades are needed. 400 is the safer number as he mentioned. Good luck.

chris91

Reaction score
I know quite a few guys that are local to me that have been running 500-550hp on a stock 5.0 for years. It's all in the tune. Pushrod motors are so cheap anymore I wouldnt be afraid to push it to its limits. If or when it blows, throw another $250-300 engine in and let it eat. And saying it'll cause the rear end and Trans to blow isn't positively going to happen either. Just depends on how you shift it and how it's launched.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Is he running a 5.0? Sorry i was refering to the 96-98 4v... i cannot comment on the 5.0 as i have never owned one myself. I have not dug into modding the 5.0 nor the capabilities of the t5.

But as for the trans and rear end on the 96-98 4v, all my research shows that pushing anything more than 450rw in a stock t45 and rear will cause it to fail. On the terms of 800 hp...2 passes at best is my guess.

chris91

Reaction score
Again as for the rear and Trans it's all in how you treat it. You can make the Trans last as long as you're not thrashing on it. And the rear end will last as long as your not launching it hard. But yeah 800hp is going to destroy a 5.0 or 4.6 2v/4v.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
If you baby it sure. but racing hard i doubt it. Zak from t45 source was going through multiple t45s per NMRA season. Which is what made him build up the t45.

"Throughout the next several years I brought my sharpened knife to the gun fight and won some rounds along the way. Those wins didn’t come without punishment though. I spent several events on my back swapping the infamous T45 transmission between rounds. We eventually got the swap down to 4 hours, but I still felt there must be a better way. Not wanting to give up the manual 5 speed I got the bright idea to start improving the transmission so that it wouldn’t break. In 2009 I was rewarded with a full season on my feet, without ever wondering when I would be pulling the ol’ T45 again. The resulting knowledge and parts turned into what you see today as The T45 Source" - Zak

http://blog.thet45source.com/
Interesting read^^

But i get what you are trying to say. Its all about how its driven.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am sure we can all agree that at that hp level that a stock tranny and bottom end is on borrowed time even with a perfect tune. Sure there are some people that have had good luck with them but I would dare to say they know that it could go out on any run. Then again any racer pushing the limits of his car runs that risk even on a completely stock motor ran hard.

Is there a brand on this kit or is T3/T4 the brand? I mean I don't see any name on anything from the intercooler to the turbo and that scares me. Sure the price looks nice but when I see a product that has NO branding on it what so ever I am immediately suspect on the quality. Any manf that makes good or even half descent stuff will want to stick their name all over it. When there is no branding on the stuff I can only imagine that they are not proud enough of their work to do so and just expect it to fail.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I don't think people realize how much power 800 hp is. 500rwhp on the street is a handful for sure.

torch318

Reaction score
I don't think people realize how much power 800 hp is. 500rwhp on the street is a handful for sure.
^ This and there is a lot of 500hp cars that will beat 800hp ones just because of lack of traction. Friend of mine has a 700+hp zl1 and when he went to the track this spring he only ran a 11.3 in the 1/4.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Addermk2

Reaction score
People fail to realize... if it was that cheap and easy, everyone would be doing it.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Did anyone catch this guys original post? it makes no sense. Originally, I just read the title and hoped in and commented. Normally i do not do that but the title alone was throwing up a red flag.

LOL.

Looking for a FI, carb....whatever (weighing options on intake setup) but we are looking at supercharging. I am sick and tired of dealing with turbo cars.
I ran across this on ebay. (Shows us a turbo kit)

Everything but the tune & manifolds for $1140.

gawd
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T3-T4-TWIN-...ord|Model:Mustang&hash=item35c3c9eb94&vxp=mtr

^ Lack of research or no research at all. Everything is just wrong here.
:snoopfacepalm::facepalm:

OP
OP
T

ThatguyfromPanama

Reaction score
I just got back to this thread.

Did yall not see the "lol & gawd"

I I said, we are looking at supercharging. I just happened to come across this ebay add & thought it would be funny to post it.

I hope yall, didnt think I thought I could get 800HP out of that.
I've been building cars since the late 80's. I've owned 5 'stangs. Just nothing newer than a '93.

With this build if we get 300whp without F.I. we will be happy.

His budget is $8000 total. Hell, back in the early '00s you could dip a foxbody or Nova into the 10's with that.....but alas I am in Panama, so almost 1/2 the budget will be eaten by customs & weight fees.

Not much will happen now until November as he went to the states on vacation for a month.
So in that time I will be fixing and upgrading my BMW.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
Is he running a 5.0? Sorry i was refering to the 96-98 4v... i cannot comment on the 5.0 as i have never owned one myself. I have not dug into modding the 5.0 nor the capabilities of the t5.

But as for the trans and rear end on the 96-98 4v, all my research shows that pushing anything more than 450rw in a stock t45 and rear will cause it to fail. On the terms of 800 hp...2 passes at best is my guess.

If he's running a pushrod then $1200 is waaay out of the question if he's looking to make 800 hp unless he's starting with a 347 or larger that has some big azz heads. $1200 won't even buy a 6-8 lb Vortech kit.
*edit* ha.... But ok so his budget is $8k and he's looking to make 300 hp? Is the $8k the total amount on the entire car or is that 8k for horsepower? I'm not all that savvy w carb stuff (too young) but for comparisons sake an efi mustang with the run of the mill $3k'ish topend will add around 80 hp. A $3,300 ish Vortech will add at least 100.
Yeah the joke was on us you crazy Panamanian. You've been in this game since the 80's, you tell us which way to go.

Don't Sext and Drive.

Doodler

Reaction score
I know quite a few guys that are local to me that have been running 500-550hp on a stock 5.0 for years. It's all in the tune. Pushrod motors are so cheap anymore I wouldnt be afraid to push it to its limits. If or when it blows, throw another $250-300 engine in and let it eat. And saying it'll cause the rear end and Trans to blow isn't positively going to happen either. Just depends on how you shift it and how it's launched.

Depends on the year though. 93-95 had junk internals. I raced with a guy that had a stock shortblocked 90GT with a YSI. 600rwhp and he just POUNDED on that car. Ran for years like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online