8mm or 9 mm wires ???

4point6GT

Reaction score
jus need help decidin, whats the difference ? i know im probably gonna be gettin some NGK copper spark plugs, but need help on what wires, anything else I might need when upgrading my spark plugs/wires????

Whitepony

Reaction score
i cant really tell you the difference, but i know many people say anything 10mm is just overkill.

I have herd livewires are the best choice (10mm) when you use them with the coil packs, which are much better priced than MSD packs. Really i assume the thicker the wires the more resistance it has to voltage loss and damge from heat.

you can purchase them here http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/V8Engine.htm

97vertstang

Reaction score
any high performance wire will work fine. msd, ford racing, and taylor 8.2 are my favorites.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
Cheap $40 Ford Racing 9mm is what I use. They have been great for over 3 years now.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
94yellowgt said:
Cheap $40 Ford Racing 9mm is what I use. They have been great for over 3 years now.
wow I went threw 3 sets on the dyno with it braking up which to msd and gain alot of power with no break up.

markwsoil

Reaction score
4point6GT said:
jus need help decidin, whats the difference ? i know im probably gonna be gettin some NGK copper spark plugs, but need help on what wires, anything else I might need when upgrading my spark plugs/wires????
I'm new to this forum, but I've had my car for quite a while. I got the 9mm FRPP wires (those red wires just look SO good under the hood of a black car, especially after you've Armor-alled all the plastic surfaces :) ). They're good wires, but fitting them into the factory looms is a PIA deluxe. You'll probably break a couple of the looms. I ordered MSD looms off of e-Bay because I wanted black looms. They have holes in them for mounting to the main mounts over the alternator so that the wires don't just flop around, and they do look good under the hood. They fit 8mm or 9mm wires, although you'll have to really press on them to get them into the looms.

NERD

Reaction score
I changed my wires on the dyno from the bosh to the FRPP 9mm and picked up 5hp from 2k rpm up... They get my vote from now on! And, it was consistent for ever pull after. they get my vote FTW!

GDawg

Reaction score
I've had two sets of FRPP 9.5mm (red) wires. Both lasted me about a year. But then again I was living in Vegas where it is very hot. I now use MSD SuperConductors 9mm. Had to replace one wire recently (but bought the set and keep the other 7 for back up). I do like the MSD Superconductors.

Btw, NGK plugs rule.

EngineBay.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
GDawg said:
I've had two sets of FRPP 9.5mm (red) wires. Both lasted me about a year. But then again I was living in Vegas where it is very hot. I now use MSD SuperConductors 9mm. Had to replace one wire recently (but bought the set and keep the other 7 for back up). I do like the MSD Superconductors.

Btw, NGK plugs rule.

EngineBay.jpg

thats a fine looking bay :)

GDawg

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
GDawg said:

Btw, NGK plugs rule.

EngineBay.jpg

thats a fine looking bay :)

I may not make MOTM for August but I will eventually. Just wait to see what is in store for this next year. I expect her to make Mustang 5.0 magazine by next year. I'm collecting videos right now but I'm spinning too much. Wait till I take her out for a photoshoot next spring after a body kit. I wish I had more time and money to put into her but she sits in her 2-1/2 car dedicated corral for now waiting... waiting... A business Analyst that sits next to me is trying to sell her '94 Vet and I made the comment, "I can beat it..." and she said, "I doubt it". I asked her how many horses and she couldn't tell me. I can beat it. I have at the track before but I have to run them down cause I spin so much. ET Drags are in order. :pimp2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online