9006 5000K hids came in today. [Pictures added]

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
You've got the right idea. There should be two for each headlight. One to adjust vertical and the other horizontal.

I cant remember how many (mm) it is, but this will work for you to adjust your headlights.

Check around at auto parts stores or maybe online?
LIS14540.jpg

It is made by "lisle". and costs about 20 bucks. Search for "ford headlight adjusting tool"

edit: Ya, thats the tool to adjust our headlights in seconds ;] w/o removing the headlight. Got damn if i knew this i wouldve been brought it. :bunny3: Im going to order one soon.

S

scarface

you know you can use a regular ratchet and socket ??? Thats what I do.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
you know you can use a regular ratchet and socket ??? Thats what I do.

:( I didn't know thats what you do. You only said, "they should adjust like stock" LOL, you know im a noob at this stuff. Well, let me try your method first before i buy anything.

Thank. :banana:

edit: I tried, but the smallest socket i have is liek 5/6 and its fits, but its not deep enough i dont believe. Did you use a deep dish socket? If so, what size?

S

scarface

Im not following you...the part you need to turn is the stud, and it is on the very end of the adjusting stud. I cant tell you the size because they are different on the new edge :( sorry bro. It is really small though.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
Im not following you...the part you need to turn is the stud, and it is on the very end of the adjusting stud. I cant tell you the size because they are different on the new edge :( sorry bro. It is really small though.

Ill try again in abit.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Anyone know which (adjuster) one adjusts the light up or down?

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Twista said:

you got the same lighs as me right. if so i just adjusted the plilips head screw that is accesable once you remove the corner lights. i adjusted it and made my headlights go up and down.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
ju015dd said:
Twista said:

you got the same lighs as me right. if so i just adjusted the plilips head screw that is accesable once you remove the corner lights. i adjusted it and made my headlights go up and down.

damn dude i love you (no homo) I been trying to figure out how to aim theses mustang lights since i brought my smokes. I been removing the whole headlight screwing the bullet adjusters by hand than putting the headlight back in than checking. If its still fucked up i would remove the lights and do ti all over. Haha

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
WTf, i got everything adjusted. Turned on the hids... than started the car (mightve been a dumb mistake, but i did it yesterday with no problems).. than 1 side went dim. Now that one side doesnt fucking work. i took out the bulb and in the middle part there is a brown spot?? What the fuck. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Im going to let it sit for about 10 minutes and check everything. Otherwise i have no idea what just happened

I think this just happened:
HID will shut down itself sometimes. Reason: Inside of the HID ballast, there is a micro chip which is used to detect whether there is any potential problem. Any potential problems such as sudden high impulse or shortage of power input from battery or extremely high heat will trigger the self-protect and shut the ballast off temporarily. It takes about 3 mins for the micro chip to reset itself and the ballast will be working again. Once this happens, please turn off the HID and wait about 3 to 5 mins.

edit: Bulb works.. ballast i guess shut down. grr ill let it sit with the battery unplug now to see if its resets. Anyways, once it comes back on ill be starting the car first than hids after.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Man, i was swearing and sweating at the same time thinking i fucked up my hid kit already. I blew the fuse on the wire harness. I know now to never start the car with the hids running. Anyways, the hid company gave me 4 different wire harnesses so i got abunch of fuses for spares rofl.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
i think i might have to order some HIDs...damn you Twista

More like damn you 95kbGT and SRT Hands . Mine aren't very bright at all, but you can see the road. The projector lense is more tinted blue which i hate... i want pure bright white light :comando: heeh

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Now how do i aim the lights horizontal? (left and right)

Theres no screws anywhere becept on the up and down adjuster. So how would i adjust it horizontally?

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
omg rofl- raffle my waffles.. wow, i just contacted FORD service department at a big dealership.

fuckers told me to try a body shop :rant: :rollinglaugh: Guess ill have to screw around with theses headlights.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
what a dumbass dealership. Are they 5 star? If so, complain.

Dunno. Anyways i think my lights are dim because of the projector lenses the depo's have in them. I made a new thread complaning about this problem i just figured out. I'll be able to conclude my hypothesis in about 30-40minutes when its pitch black outside. Im driving with driver side with the clear DEPO headlight and passenger side with the cheap black housing projector headlight.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
so whatcha gonna do? run the cheapo's?

dunno, there ugly as fook, but i took it for a drive and it lights up the street nicely :/ No idea why the depo light pattern is so shitty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online