90mm MAF and cold air fenderwell kits

9psi 98

Reaction score
I currently have a fenderwell cold air kit that I'm pretty happy with, but I plan on adding a 90mm MAF as soon as I get my 42# injectors. The cold air kit I have now doesn't have the same inside diameter as my 90mm MAF so when I bolt it up it's not going to flow as well as I want it to. Are there any companies that make fenderwell cold air kits that fix this problem. I've been looking around, but pics only help so much.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I looked around for the same reasons and the Tunable Inductions was the best for our setup...

www.demolet.com

you want the one for Roots blowers and 90mm Flange option.

[attachment deleted by admin]

S

scarface

I cut the flange off the LMAF, and got a coupler to hook to the intake before I got my powerpipe.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
Thanks Bob,

I think I'm going to go with one of these.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I looked around for the same reasons and the Tunable Inductions was the best for our setup...

www.demolet.com

what color did you paint that?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
DropTopPony said:

www.demolet.com

what color did you paint that?

DFG silly...you give them your paint code and they match it...It will never match the cars depth because its not a multi stage paint process like factory but it is close.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
DFG silly...you give them your paint code and they match it...It will never match the cars depth because its not a multi stage paint process like factory but it is close.
aww, that sucks...i was hoping you painted it so i could buy some myself. :-[

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
The Lightning MAF that I have bolts right to my existing cold air intake, I just don't like the idea of having such a large MAF hooked to intake that has a much smaller diameter.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
The Lightning MAF that I have bolts right to my existing cold air intake, I just don't like the idea of having such a large MAF hooked to intake that has a much smaller diameter.

IF your using a BBK, Mac, etc CAI that has the 90* bend before the MAF, DONT USE IT! it WILL throw off the readings on the maf and make the car run worse than it did before. Talking from experience. just run a filter off the front of the MAF, or put the maf Before the 90* bend. not after it.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
9psi 98 said:

IF your using a BBK, Mac, etc CAI that has the 90* bend before the MAF, DONT USE IT! it WILL throw off the readings on the maf and make the car run worse than it did before. Talking from experience. just run a filter off the front of the MAF, or put the maf Before the 90* bend. not after it.

I've heard that before, that's why the car had the stock intake on it when I bought it. The previous owner said that he had a CAI on it before and it ran like crap with it so he took it off. My next days off I might take the fenderwell part off and put a k&n cone filter on the end of it to see if it runs better without the bend in it. Everything is worth a try i suppose, it really can't hurt.

S

scarface

Thomas_W said:
9psi 98 said:

+10000000 we could get my base idle A/f ratio set during my tune because of that...idle just went up and down :(

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
scarface said:
Thomas_W said:
9psi 98 said:

+10000000 we could get my base idle A/f ratio set during my tune because of that...idle just went up and down :(

Well, even though I love the sound of my supercharger screaming out of the fender/bumper cover I think I'm better off keeping it all under the hood...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online