94 5.0 Gauges

tm8004

Reaction score
So I'm trying to figure out if I have a gauge issue.
First my speedometer and odometer went out at the same time (the day I changed my radio if that has anything to do with it) I know the fixes for both of those but I'm just trying to confirm before I buy the parts that's it's not something else cuz I haven't read that both of them go out at the same time.

Second my temp gauge keeps fluctuating I would understand if it was hot and fans cool on but sometimes the gauge goes past the red but I check the hose and radiator cap and not even close to being that hot. ( I have a 180' thermostat)

Even my oil is showing it too full having the needle all the way to the right, and my gas is also fluctuating before I bought the car I was told that the fuel pump was replaced so that might be the cause of that.

So I'm just trying to figure out if I will need all new gauges. But my concern is the temp and oil I don't want my car to over heat

Thank you

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Check grounds. Then after that I'll say the cluster is bad. If you have access to a spare cluster try that. Junk yards would be your best bet to getting one cheap

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online