94 5.0 no spark no fuel

5PNTSLO

Reaction score
1994 gt 5.0 no spark no fuel

sprayed starting fluid in intake and it wouldn't start. pulled a boot off a plug put a differnt plug in rolled over and no spark. unplugged plug to coil put test light on rolled it over and nothing there

turn key and no fuel pump running either if I put power to pump with power probe it turns on. so I assume it has to be something that is shutting fuel and spark off

kb1982

Reaction score
You should hear the pump prime for a few seconds when the key is first turned on, but not in the cranking position. Then it will go off. After that, the pcm needs to see a signal from the pip to reactivate the fuel pump via the ccrm. Without a pip signal, you wont have spark or a fuel signal. Here is a good write up to test the pip. http://easyautodiagnostics.com/ford/4.9L-5.0L-5.8L/ignition-module-tests-5 Even with a faulty pip, you should get a short pump priming signal.

OP
OP

5PNTSLO

Reaction score
Fuel pump does not run at all I checked interia .and it was not tripped

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm assuming you checked ALL fuses.
Have you done anything to the car lately? tune up? set timing?
The fuel pump relay is in the CCRM. A wiring diagram is in the back of your Haynes manual.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go through your CCRM and PCM with a multi-meter and make sure they all have signal.

OP
OP

5PNTSLO

Reaction score
bought the car from a buddy he had a 347 in the car. He pulled the 347 out and sold me car with the original 5.0. I tore the engine down to the block and heads degreased it and painted it and replaced
Rear main seal
Oil pan gasket
Valve cover gasket
Intake gaskets
Timing cover gasket
Throttle body gaskets
water pump
Thermostat
Spark Plugs
Spark plug wires
Distributor cap and rotor
Pcv valve
Headers
Coolant temp sensor
Oil pressure sensor
Low oil sensor
Coolant sensor
Egr delete
Smog pump delete
Alternator
Flywheel

I did have to reinstall distributor but im pretty sure its in there right

OP
OP

5PNTSLO

Reaction score
it is plugged all the way in. I was reading the CCRM controls the fuel pump but not the ignition system. I am going to test the ICM first and then the PIP that should tell me what my spark is doing

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
True. The CCRM has the FP relay but it also has a relay to pwr the ECM too.
The PIP sends the signal to keep the FP running once the engine is turning, And also the injectors and plugs

JGcoupe

Reaction score
Is the battery good...and the terminals/cables making a good connection and are not loose?

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
The 4 things needed for an engine to run, Air, Fuel, Spark and Compression that's it. Locate the missing component and you'll spend less time guessing.

To check to see if your injectors are firing use a noid light: http://easyautodiagnostics.com/misc-index/noid-light-tool-review-1

To check for spark use a spark tester: http://www.autozone.com/test-scan-a...oem-in-line-ignition-spark-tester/900800_0_0/

It's imperative that the distributor is installed correctly, if you're not sure find a write up and re-install it.

Good luck
Michael Plummer

OP
OP

5PNTSLO

Reaction score
turns out I had a blown fuse for ccrm, i changed the fuse the fuel pump primes now. I used a noid light on injectors and got nothing. I have no power at the coil either. Im getting power to the icm. I hooked a LED to the PIP sensor on the icm plug and got nothing. so im guess it is the Pip. Gonna do 1 more test before I replace the distributor. But even if the distributor is out of time it should still spark if the pip is good ?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
anytime you suspect electrical take the 2 mins it literally takes to pull and inspect EVERY fuse in the boxes both under the hood and dash.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Q) I used a noid light on injectors and got nothing.
A) I'm assuming you did this while cranking the engine.

Q) I have no power at the coil either.
A) How did you test this? And are you using a MSD ignition?

Q) But even if the distributor is out of time it should still spark if the pip is good ?
A) Not sure what you mean by "Out Of Time"? Are you talking about rotor phasing? If the rotor is out of phase it should still spark.

OP
OP

5PNTSLO

Reaction score
Q) I used a noid light on injectors and got nothing.
A) I'm assuming you did this while cranking the engine.
yes I did

Q) I have no power at the coil either.
A) How did you test this? And are you using a MSD ignition?
I used a test light at the coil. no it is not msd ignition all stock ignition

Q) But even if the distributor is out of time it should still spark if the pip is good ?
A) Not sure what you mean by "Out Of Time"? Are you talking about rotor phasing? If the rotor is out of phase it should still spark.
I mean if the distributor was not installed right it would still have "PIP" signal while rolling over the motor

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.