94/95 Cobra Upper/Lower Intake Question......

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
on a stock motor the limiter is the heads/cam before much else. You are not going to notice any performance increase with it at the moment but it does help to open things up later if/when you do get more air moving. I also recommend polishing it if ya do as it looks tits when its nice and shiney.
OXn1Jy3.jpg

joemomma

Reaction score
BBK claims something like 25HP with their cold air and TB. YMMV. That's about $500 for 25HP. The thing you have to keep in mind is that everything works together. Pieces here and there, while they don't do much on their own, all work together in the end.

tvsn95

Reaction score
Think this way,,A larger TB will allow more ar in IF you are restricted there.
Aftermarket makers always tell you that it makes more,. But if you buy all the "stuff" that claims to make more power ,,and you added all the sales talk you might be driving a 1000hp car.. BS please.....
the fastest way I know to screw up a drivable car is larger TB and larger Injectors.
their is very sound reasoning for that statement , but its deeper than what you are asking .. go learn something about tuning then change parts.
OHH and by the way the factory gave you " COLD AIR" it worked great. way better than the crap they are selling in almost EVERY way.
school yourself first, and be very skeptical.

TrickVert

Reaction score
BBK missed a decimal point in that claim. Good info otherwise in the responses above, though. The E7 heads are the bottleneck. Opening things up in front of them will do nothing, and I also agree that the stock intake tract on these cars needs little improvement aside from the intake silencer removal, and on a stock motor, even that's not going to do much, if anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online