94-95 gauge cluster

Outkast95

Reaction score
I’m sorry if this has been answered before but on my newly acquired 95 gt the tack doesn’t work and the odometer doesn't work. But the speedo works. Is this a fixable issue or should I just find another used cluster?

b1pig

Reaction score
first thing i'd do is pull the cluster and inspect the track sheet on back.
As for the odometer, if its like some older fords, theres a drive gear that can degrade and break.

TTSaleen

Reaction score
I just did an odometer repair on a 1996 cluster.
Here's how that goes.
Ryan

maillemaker

Reaction score
The odometer problem seems pretty common and there are a lot of YouTube videos on how to fix it. Seems pretty simple though I have not had to do it.

I just recently put a new bezel on my cluster and when I had it out I replaced all the light bulbs. I notice that the back of the cluster is basically a giant flexible printed circuit board, and the two main connectors are just friction-held electrical contacts bearing against the pads on the PCB. Likewise the light bulbs are the same way. I used a pencil eraser to clean the exposed copper contacts. Make sure you don't end up with crumbs falling into the cluster face.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If the gear replacement doesn’t fix your problem and you’re at your wits end, contact Mark Olson of Accutach Company (408)357-3541. He reworked my ‘95 cluster for a VERY reasonable price.
He’s in San Jose, CA. Works out of his house on the clusters, and is an electrical engineer. Mine came back like Day 1 new, everything in proper working order and a print out with explanations of all measurements and corrections made. He turned mine around in a matter of days and packaged great. Can’t say enough good about him and his work.

badass98svt

Reaction score
If the gear replacement doesn’t fix your problem and you’re at your wits end, contact Mark Olson of Accutach Company (408)357-3541. He reworked my ‘95 cluster for a VERY reasonable price.
He’s in San Jose, CA. Works out of his house on the clusters, and is an electrical engineer. Mine came back like Day 1 new, everything in proper working order and a print out with explanations of all measurements and corrections made. He turned mine around in a matter of days and packaged great. Can’t say enough good about him and his work.

Mark is a good dude. He has been a staple of the SVTP community (mwolson) for many years.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mark is a good dude. He has been a staple of the SVTP community (mwolson) for many years.
He sure is! Was it you that recommended me to him? ++ to you or whomever it was!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online