94-95 GT or Cobra 5.0 owners what tuning device do you use?

Goliath5.0

Reaction score
Do any of you use a chip, piggy back, stand alone, or some sort of tuning device for your SN95?

The 94-95 computers hardware wise I have been told are MUCH better than the prior years computers
but what makes them bad are the stock parameters which hurt performance.

So what do you guys use?

I have messed with foxes primarily and the old a9l was very forgiving to me when adding boost + juice or any mod I would throw at it and I would adjust the timing, fuel pressure, etc as far as "tuning" was concerned and never used a chip or aftermarket tuning device in my old foxes, but I was told with 94-95 stangs it is best to get a chip or some sort of tuning device since the computer is not as forgiving as the older ones.

-Thanks in advance,

Chris

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Tweecer R/T. I'm getting one as soon as I have 400 to spare. It lets you adjust pretty much everything.

Denunzio36

Reaction score
How effective are these with computers that already have chips burned in them? Are they still easily manipulated? These hook up directly to a laptop?

S281 #39B

Reaction score
If you are going NA go with the tweecer r/t but we took ti off when the sc was added we just couldn't get it to run right so now it has a sct chip in it but beware who tunes it if you go with a sc

wldtang

Reaction score
I have the Tweecer RT. I ran it with my 94 cobra and S trim. No problems at all. I love it. I am now building a turbo. The Tuner is a must have in my opinion. It and a WB are awesome together.

larry94gt

Reaction score
I have a tweecer RT. Lots of learning and reading to figger it all out but its neat. Not much of anything you cant change for your combo. Plus data logging, so thats nice. I dont think you can use it with a chip because i think the tweecer plugs into the same place as most aftermarket chips/modules do. I may be wrong though.

speedytang

Reaction score
You can't piggyback tuners so one or the other. I use the PMS on my FOX and they really work great on the 'SN'. Tweecer has nice features but many find it difficult to program and a average person can program the PMS in less then a hour and it has its own display unit no laptop needed. I would like to play around with the Tweecer but always wondered if someone has written software for a PDA for it because that would be nice.

94cobra

Reaction score
I use pms with uego 1000 wideband (a must for self tunning) I couldn't be happier with the pms, very easy to use and will do everything you need it to

1sick95

Reaction score
We used a SCT Chip dyno tuned by Bamachips on the white car ... it's alright. Picked up 20 hp / 20 ft-lbs over the stock tune.

But if you have the money the AFM PMS is nice ... or there's always FAST XFI :pimp:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online