94/95 Horizontal Tail Light LED Conversion

Pittsn95

Reaction score
Has anyone on here tried converting their OEM 94/95 horizontal tail light to have LEDs bulbs in them? I have been searching for LED replacement bulbs to replace the traditional style bulbs bit have had no luck in doing so. I'm looking to have my 94 GT look a little more modern by replacing all of the exterior lighting with LEDs.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
All my lights (except the headlights) are all LED. They are super pricey though, and you need a flasher.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes they are available, no your not going to notice much of a difference in the tail lights and they will cost a few bucks just to swap out and say you have led lighting. It doesn't drop any panties or get anyone except you excited I promise.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^^ Basically said it all. They cost more, and are not substantially brighter for tail lights. The reverse light usually benefits the most from being LED.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
^^ Basically said it all. They cost more, and are not substantially brighter for tail lights. The reverse light usually benefits the most from being LED.

I kinda agree and disagree. The only thing that didnt make a huge difference is the rear tail lights. Everything else (exterior-wise) made a difference.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
and what are we talking about?

There were references to other exterior lighting........but...ok. So yes, both of you said that the tail lights benefit less.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Turn signals I imagine are better, but brake lights, especially in the horizontal housings, would be lackluster. my opinion only :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There were references to other exterior lighting........but...ok. So yes, both of you said that the tail lights benefit less.

I thought it was funny he comments the only thing place that doesn't make a difference is the tail lights, and then you disagreed, and then said the only place that doesn't make a difference is the tail lights. :)

I would honestly just wait till the ones you have not burn out and then swap them. Until then there are plenty of other things that the car probably needs as bad or worse.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I thought it was funny he comments the only thing place that doesn't make a difference is the tail lights, and then you disagreed, and then said the only place that doesn't make a difference is the tail lights. :)

I would honestly just wait till the ones you have not burn out and then swap them. Until then there are plenty of other things that the car probably needs as bad or worse.

Whats even more funny is that i actually said i agree AND disagree (because of a misunderstanding, but AGREED that it makes less difference in tail lights). AND i said you were right? Not sure why do you even comment further? Are you going to go down that route again? LOL

OP
OP
P

Pittsn95

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll hold off on the LEDs for the tail lights. I was thinking it be pretty cool to see LED sequential horizontals to give them a really modern look.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll hold off on the LEDs for the tail lights. I was thinking it be pretty cool to see LED sequential horizontals to give them a really modern look.

Probably impossible to get sequential horizontals. Because the only way that will happen is if it went left to right or right to left (which won't flow with the horizontal bezel) or up to down or down to up, which will look, off.

Instead, you can retrofit your housing with some "chasing" lights.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have seen some "switchback" led strips that looked interesting but you would need to take the light apart to mount them and then if it burned out you would have to take the light back apart

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Please explain what you mean. I haven’t heard of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] pretty much nailed it perfectly. Bit of a task, but if done yet, will probably be pretty bad ass

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Someone send me a set of 94-95’s tails.

b3fd2f7ddb62278307abe9d69ed7519b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member