94-95 mustang k member

OP
OP
C

Coondawgnewedge

Reaction score
Located in South Carolina looking for a stock 94-95 5.0 to throw in a new edge for a 351w. I put a foxbody k member in it for now, and may work but had to drill open back holes on install, just seems to me like I created a weak spot. Any info will be helpful from someone who may have done this same setup before and maybe it worked for them….Thanks!!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t done the swap, but would a K-member brace remedy that weak spot you believe you’ve created? I put a Maximum MotorSports brace on my ‘95 Cobra stock k-member. Pretty affordable at about $110. Check out their website under Chassis.

OP
OP
C

Coondawgnewedge

Reaction score
Thank you for the response I’ll look into it. I’m just getting nervous about this one.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for the response I’ll look into it. I’m just getting nervous about this one.
Understandable, coondawg. Good you noticed the potential fault. Maybe this’ll remedy it for ya on the cheap!

OP
OP
C

Coondawgnewedge

Reaction score
That’ll def calm me down a little this build is really messing with me first new edge ever built usually build foxbodies and 94-95’s

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Check it out and let me know….

And FWIW, I/we all hear ya on the frustration thing. That’s why some call our hobby a sickness; others call it a labor of love. Most call it an addiction!!

Hang in there…

OP
OP
C

Coondawgnewedge

Reaction score
You’re exactly right on that one, I always say I’ll never do it again after the first one and I’m on number 9. Like u said addiction haha

OP
OP
C

Coondawgnewedge

Reaction score
I’m looking into them now I wonder with having the foxbody k member if I should look into those

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Located in South Carolina looking for a stock 94-95 5.0 to throw in a new edge for a 351w. I put a foxbody k member in it for now, and may work but had to drill open back holes on install, just seems to me like I created a weak spot. Any info will be helpful from someone who may have done this same setup before and maybe it worked for them….Thanks!!
Upr has a SN /newedge SBF K MEMBER. I have one in a 98 coupe with 351. Works fine.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Maximum MotorSports also sells a K-member. If you got both (ie, their K-member and Brace), you’d be set on K-member issues!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.