94 95 specific hard to find parts

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its become clear to me as my car officially turns vintage this week in fact that some of the parts are getting harder and harder to find as they go further out of production. Sometimes because of this a big project gets held up because of some small stupid piece that turns into a quest to find it. I had that problem this week with the fuel tank vent roll over valve. IT is just a stupid little plastic valve that allows air to go back into the tank and has a check valve to seal it if the car flips. in 96 they went to a solenoid system that would detect leaks in the tank and for some reason no one seemed to have anything that would fit. After looking around a lot I found this on amazon that looked the same but it said it was only good till 89'.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008D33ZF8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

its a ford part E7DZ-9B593-A and also has the numbers X001OERATL

Getting it today its exactly the same thing and will fit perfect. Anyone else have any parts like this that maybe a sticky in this section could help people later?

Last edited:

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I know the transmission bellhousing and input shaft are specific to 94 95 and are really tough to find.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was hoping rather then just listing the different parts that we give either a model number of something else that works or a place to find it.

Reaction score
Seeing as it’s still the 302 and the SN95 is still really just a fox body - maybe those oddball parts are actually just carryovers from the 93 mustang?

lutter94

Reaction score
Seeing as it’s still the 302 and the SN95 is still really just a fox body - maybe those oddball parts are actually just carryovers from the 93 mustang?

It is basically a fox body, but they moved the transmission back 5/8" to make the shifter location more comfortable. So yes the 94/95 GT has its own bell housing and its own input shaft. Heck the input shaft isn't even the same as a cobra, as the cobra's input shaft is tapered at the front, also using a different pilot bearing. Bell housing would be the same GT vs Cobra though. V6 has a smaller flywheel, so it also has a different bell housing.

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Just accept it, as I have, that the 94-95's are the red-headed stepchildren of the Mustang world
@trebor3170 is right; of the SN95 vintage (non New Edge so no need to spit hairs), the '94-'95 cars have some uniqueness to them and more than a few 2-year only parts. I understand the '98 cars have some peculiarities unique to that MY as well but I don't own one so I cannot say from experience.

BigBore96

Reaction score
98s definitely have some uniqueness to certain things. Building my 96 cobra with a lot of my 98 cobras parts was interesting fuel system and wiring wise...

The only thing I know of that can be subbed out from one of those easy is the ceramic fuel relay that isnt available anymore but you can run the twin lightning one and be good to go. It's been a couple years so it is possible the lightning one isnt available.

Tekton1377

Reaction score
Don't ever break your alternator bracket. They are a pita to find.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online