94-95 Tails vs 96-98 Tails: Whats the true Mustang Tail light

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ReplicaR, Mar 17, 2007.

1. ReplicaR

ReplicaR Well-Known Member

I had a discussion with my friends a while ago, and I must say as much as I like my tail lights, and as much as I like how the horizontal arrangement makes the car look wider, I can't help to think that the modular tail lamps are the true mustang tail lamps. As long as I remember, pretty much every mustang ever had the vertical arrangement of the tails, and there were 3 of them. What do you guys think?

2. 94twinscrew

94twinscrew Active Member

I don't know man,I like standing out and being different....everyone does the conversion. I tried a set once,they were on the car for one day....just didn't look right to me. Horizontals for life 8)

3. GDawg

GDawg Well-Known Member

It was vertical to begin with... it should always be vertical... Horizontal just doesn't look right.

4. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

yeah, horizontals do look good tinted though. but horizontal FTW

5. LI98GT

LI98GT Well-Known Member

because of the mustang tradition, verticals win out for me. Infact I really didn't like the horizontals at all for all these years, but after 13 years, I've actually gotten used to them to the point where I think they look good now, just not as good as the verts.

6. Mustanger

Mustanger Well-Known Member

There were a few Fox body ones that had horizontals too weren't there? I like my stock 94 tail lights better than the 96+ ones, they just flow better and the vertical ones are not symetrical like all the traditional verticals. My 69 Mach was great looking, and the 64.5 vert tails started it all.

7. scarface

scarface Guest

I think it is just a matter of opinion. Both owners will tell you theirs is better.

8. 97blackgt

97blackgt Well-Known Member

vertical FTMFW >:D

9. bigjohnson4.6gt

bigjohnson4.6gt Well-Known Member

+1

10. 95Grandtouring5.0

95Grandtouring5.0 Well-Known Member

I think that horizontals just make the ass look wider which is why im horizontal for life

11. The Green GT

The Green GT Active Member

Oh yea you know you want it.
    [​IMG]

12. Adam

Adam Member

Horizontals basically said " You can whoop me" to me :dancing6: :banana:
    I have never and I mean NEVER been beaten by a 5.0 SN-95 on the street or at the track. The poor old 94-95 made the anemic 96 seem like rocketships. My step dad bought a brand new 94 rio red in late 93, 5-speed, awesome looking car, slow as molasses in January. Yes it is personal preference. I did like the horizontals on the Fox bodys though.

Adam

13. 94twinscrew

94twinscrew Active Member

slow huh? :nonono: you've obviously never raced a built one.....I'll keep my "whoop me" lights,along with my peekish 550 pounds of torque.....and leave it in sleeper mode for guys that think like you :hammer:

14. Mustanger

Mustanger Well-Known Member

LOL... I am with you on this one! I know my 94 is one of the slowest stock Mustangs, but someday it won't be! It will be fun to see the looks when I pull on them!... Anyway the horizontals really look better IMO!

15. Anrev

Anrev Active Member

Vertical ARE the tradition. However, I have never seen a 96-98 tail light I liked. It looks more like an oval lens with 2 little lines for accents. The horizontals have character. And style. The verticals look like an afterthought. :puke:

16. Adam

Adam Member

For every fast 94-95, there is a much faster 96-98. For every fast 96-98, there is a much faster 99-04. Its a viscious cycle. I am sure there are plenty of 94-95's that would kill my old car, I just never ran into them. Having a notoriously "slow" car was fun, especially when you showed them the tail lights. Hell I had an auto 98, everyone thought they could whoop me... O0

Adam

17. AaRoN

AaRoN King Post Whore

+2

18. Foster98GT

Foster98GT Well-Known Member

Verticals and sequentials FTW O0

19. gt96stang

gt96stang Well-Known Member

sequential lights are the best... gotta give another up to the verticals.. plus I like the look of the verticals because most I see are faded..

20. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

one of the things i didnt like about the horizontals was that the bottom "light" is a dummy and at night i thought the 2 looked stupid. I think Mustangs are supposed to have the 3 verticals plus i like the look of the newer look, and i love my sequentials.