94-98 Convertible Seat belts

Flade

Reaction score
Looking for front seat belts for a 94-98 Convertible. Especially need the passenger side as the original is no longer retracting properly.

Monday

Reaction score
Looking for front seat belts for a 94-98 Convertible. Especially need the passenger side as the original is no longer retracting properly.
I have a set...

I have spent a couple minutes and rescind the offer of new belts for you.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I DID;

In a bucket of hot water with some dish soap, immerse the belts in this pail, let them first soak for ~half hour, then take a stick, spatula, or breaker bar - idk what you have, and agitate the belts for a few minutes. Notice how dirty the water is - that is what stopped the belts from operating correctly.

If you have clothes pins, use them to secure the belts when they are fully retracted - pull them out; use the pins to secure them. Put the belts back into the bucket with fresh hot soapy water, and let them soak again for a half day. Stir them up/move them around once in awhile.

Take them out and hang to dry. Leave the pins holding the belts out.

They will be as good as new, and work perfectly.

It's what I did, after I bought a pair of belts for my vert GT. I could've saved myself one hundred bucks if I had of thought it out before I started. So easy and worked out soooo well...

I'm just saying...

====================================================================================================================

Edit: Use Silicone spray on the mechanisms when everything is dry. It evaporates, and the belt springs and rollers will be lubed quite well...

Last edited:

Monday

Reaction score
WASH THEM YOURSELF!!!!

Why is the default to just throw money at a problem til it goes away???

OP
OP
F

Flade

Reaction score
Because in our cars the belts are often damaged by rubbing on the guides. Seat belts are critical safety devices. The locking mechanism, web integrity, and rewind system are all essential components that have to work right. I for one do not consider having them professionally repaired throwing money at a problem. And I’m a cheapskate. I fix or repair everything myself When I can. Some things need to be done right. I’ll try cleaning and lubing them, but if the webbing damaged they need to be repaired or replaced.

delling3

Reaction score
I sent them the both fronts. They were hanging up in the retractors, the webbing was quite faded and frayed along the edges. They rebuilt with new webbing. Price is each - it was $150 for the pair.

Monday

Reaction score
I sent them the both fronts. They were hanging up in the retractors, the webbing was quite faded and frayed along the edges. They rebuilt with new webbing. Price is each - it was $150 for the pair.
Was this for the belts which retract at both points. Shoulder retracts as well as lap?

delling3

Reaction score
Was this for the belts which retract at both points. Shoulder retracts as well as lap?
Can't do pics until spring - I have the car in storage with no access until April. In my case, the were the standard factory belts from a 1996 convertible - with upper and lower retracts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online