94-98 Door Removal and Reinstall

jws4621

Reaction score
I have a 94 that I just bought about 3 weeks ago and on the way home we were trying to beat the snow. Didn't happen ended up driving in snow for about 4 hours what would have been a 6 hour trip ended up being 10 hours. In the process I slid off the road. I should have parked the car but my wife was insistent to get home. In trying to pull the car out it got pulled into a speed limit sign.

I took it to a buddy that does paintless dent repair and he looked at my door, and could not get the dents in the door out. So now i am left with trying to find another door rather than painting and refinishing the existing door since it got into the door support bars that are inside.

I have searched around on this site and others trying to figure out how you go about unplugging all of the electronics in the door for removal. I have been told there is not an actual plug in the door sill. I have the mach 460 sound and power windows, mirrors and door locks. I am trying to make sure I know ahead of time what it takes to unplug everything and switch it over.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any pics? A thread that is already covering this?

Any help will be appreciated I think I have already located a door got to go look at it saturday. It is the same color with power every but the mach 460.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
All of the electonics can be unplugged from behind the kick panel and it's a PITA. Then just push the whole harness through the hole.
Tha passenger door connectors are pretty high up and you'll think they're damn near touching the bottom of the windshield.
The driver side isn't much better. IIRC there's 3 connectors on each side.
You'll need a 17mm on 1 of the 6 hinge bolts to unbolt the hinges from inside of the car.
I used my floor jack with a pad and a towel to support the door while I loosened the bolts but left 2 loosely installed. Then while my wife steadied the door I removed the last 2 bolts. made sure the harness was out of the way and lifted that heave beast off.
Leave the jack in the same place and and it will aid in the re-alignment.

Look for sloppy hinges while you have the door off. All 4 are the same and are interchangable, The lower hinge has the hold open roller. But the hinge itself is the same.

OP
OP
jws4621

jws4621

Reaction score
Great thanks. I was afraid they were in the car. Going to be a bigger project that originally anticipated but will be worth it in the end. So this will be the drivers side and they are under the kick panel and will come out through the body. thanks a million

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online