94-98 front wheels off center?

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I never noticed it on my green 95 since it was a darker color but it's quite noticeable on this white car so I went back to old pics of my 95 and sure enough it had the same look.

What at im talking about are the front wheels being closer to the back of the wheel well at the side skirts.
The contrast on my white car shows it best and I guess that's why I noticed it. Hopefully it goes away when I lower it.

Anyone else have it or am I just buying bent cars.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Not a side shot but you can still see it. I noticed it when I was putting my new wheels on.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Not sure how to fix it.
NlVUIxF.jpg

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Maximum Motorsports forward-offset front control arms will help.

sorry, forgot you'll need coilovers to go with them.

2012-07-18_20-08-47_623.jpg

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Maximum Motorsports forward-offset front control arms will help.

sorry, forgot you'll need coilovers to go with them.

2012-07-18_20-08-47_623.jpg

I was just about to reply about checking my lower control arm bushings and how the geometry looked. I'm gonna look into those ctrl arms. I plan on getting another coil over kit by summer so that would go nice with them. I bet it handles much better with the wheels further forward. Beautiful car BTW. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Why IN THE HELL did Ford do this?? After seeing them centered it's really annoying the crap out of me. Jeez. Good ol ford. Just when I thought I knew these cars like the back of my hand.

CWO

Reaction score
take it to a good body shop. Chances are the k-member needs aligned.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think it's pretty common, I don't think it's cause you're necessarily buying bent cars unless they have an accident in their history.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think mine are too off center. I do have aftermarket k-member and arms and all that good stuff, didn't buy anything fancy to purposely correct it.

mBezEg0l.jpg

But yeah, I do notice that off center on many sn95s, especially at stock height or even too low or a weird body kit.
I'd try lowering your car first, it greatly changes the appearance of these cars.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Take it to an alignment shop.

I completely maxed out my caster on my plates and here's how mine sits:

I'll probably get offset a-arms down the line anyways.

alwill923

Reaction score
Installed MM k member and control arms with coil overs on my 95. Tires are 3/4" forward of center as they said. The stock k member and control arms should put the wheels in the center. Seems your K member is not where it is supposed to be. Are both sides the same? Installing MM control arms and coil overs will move the wheels 3/4" forward but this is not the solution if the K member is out of alignment. I would look into that first.

hondarocks61

Reaction score
#stockkmemberproblems

No really. Every lowered sn I'v seen with a stock k/a arms does this.

MadStang

Reaction score
It's the stock mustang suspension geometry and it's normal. The correct way to fix it is with either a k-member or forward offset a-arms (or both). Increasing caster works as a smaller fix, but it will not fix it 100%.

here's what a set of Forward offset arms did for me:

12185471066_aed87fe58b_o.jpg

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
like MadStang said if you do the MM K member and forward offset arms it actually moves the wheels forward 1.5" but you don't really need all that unless you're building a track car. stock K member + forward-offset arms and MM K member + non-offset arms both move the wheels forward 3/4".

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I took a look at it and me caster plates have the shock slid back all the way. I'm gonna slide them forward and see if it helps at all. I don't think the PO ever got the car all ignored after the CC plates and caster really effects the steering feel. If I remember correctly it helps the steering come back to center easier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.