94-98 tranny swap questions

Nos800

Reaction score
I just picked up a very tired 94 5.0. All stock over 180k miles. She still runs good but shifting into second gear, the syncho's don't work so good. It's a horrible grinding noise. I generally just shift 1st to 3rd to be nice. I found a 98 GT that is wrecked, with brand new cobra rims and tires and leather interior for the low price of 500 bucks.
I want to rip the interior out and sell the rims and tires to cover the cost of the car.

To to my main point though will the 98 tranny work in the 94. Can I just use my 94 bell housing on the 98 tranny? Both cars are five speed. Thanks for the help im hoping for yes because I only gave 700 for the 94 with Saleen rims.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I can't tell you for sure what'll be needed for the transmissions to be compatible but for $500 you will be able to make some money on parting out the gt

OP
OP
N

Nos800

Reaction score
PHP:
I can't tell you for sure what'll be needed for the transmissions to be compatible but for $500 you will be able to make some money on parting out the gt

I could sell the cobra rims with brand new tires for 500 in hawaii I'm just super bummed because I started investigating rust issues in the 94 I just bought and the car is rusted out. So it's not going to be staying with me. Gonna pull the Saleen rims and tires and some small parts and send it to the yard. It is very hard for me to scrap a mustang or camaro or any American performance vehicle. I just don't have tools or the money to invest into it.

On a on a side note I might be able to save the 98 with the parts from the 94. So gotta get that plan together now and see if it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online