94 Cobra brake lights stay on

BCAV5

Reaction score
The bake lights and 3rd light on my cobra stay on 24/7. I replaced the brake switch but I don’t know if it just needs to be adjusted or what else it could be. Any help is appreciated.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Most likely just needs to be adjusted. I had that happen on my 07 gt when I replaced the clutch master cylinder. It tweaked everything because the pedal assembly was removed and reinstalled. A quick tweak of the plate that the switch contacted and it was good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would start at the switch myself unless you have been doing anything in the trunk area. The harness goes down the drivers side of the trunk and is normally tucked up out of the way but it not impossible that it has fallen down or got pinched somewhere.

OP
OP
B

BCAV5

Reaction score
I would start at the switch myself unless you have been doing anything in the trunk area. The harness goes down the drivers side of the trunk and is normally tucked up out of the way but it not impossible that it has fallen down or got pinched somewhere.
I remember that I was opening my truncheons the tail lights flashed and then have been on the entire time. I even have the brake pedal switch unplugged and the brake lights are still on

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah see now that makes sense I thought maybe it was a special boot or something.

Now if it started when you were in back I would start back there as well. The wire harness comes up the drivers side of the car and then goes along the back wall. Its possible if there was something heavy and the harness was not tied up anymore that it got crushed. Pull the liner away and inspect it as it runs along those and see if there is anything that looks wrong.

OP
OP
B

BCAV5

Reaction score
Well I unplugged tail lights from the first connection in the trunk and they went off. So I’m thinking it has to be somewhere between that and the fuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online