94 Cobra - Help Me Choose a Cam!

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
If you do a cam swap only (gt40) heads you'll gain like 10 hp but at least you'd have "new and improved" valvetrain. If you add the Vortech 6-8#'s to your current set up with the stock cam you'll probably be in the ballpark of 350 maybe more. If this is a street car that might see the dragstrip once or twice a year, what I would do is keep the gt40's, get a cam that's in the .500 lift and 281 duration with the appropriate springs, a new timing set, and add a Vortech kit. You'll still be shifting around 5,600 but you'll be making over 100 hp at 5,600 than you are now.
Don't Sext and Drive.

I like this idea alot more than the others, if I went went a Steeda #19, Crane 2031, Or Anderson N-41 (Most recommended cam to me) what valvetrain would you recommend (Don't quite understand as of yet what exact springs/retainers/lifters youd need for certain cams do to lack of experience). Car has alot of bolt ons, and I got a steal on some long tubes so those will most likely make their way onto the car as well as a new tune and some other fun bits.
Thanks alot for the info btw

cameron57

Reaction score
Pretty sure cobras have a b cam. Also anderson would be a good cam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
Pretty sure cobras have a b cam. Also anderson would be a good cam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Nope not a b cam but kinda close. The cobra got its extra lift by using 1.7rr
94\95 Cobra cam specs: DURATION: 270°/Intake & 270°/Exhaust LIFT: .485/.485 Intake/Exhaust

B cam- Duration 284/284, Lift .480/.480
The GT had a .444 lift cam

Don't Sext and Drive.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've never heard a stock cobra that idled anywhere close to being as lumpy and hard hitting as my b cam.

Just sayin

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Ordered a Steeda #19 and timing chain set, valve springs coming soon

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
if you were trying to make good power, you wouldn't waste your time with either of those cams

I'm gonna have to cast my vote for yes and no Meredith.
I think now his long term goal is a Vortech kit. After the boost neither of those cams would make or break him (the stock one probably wouldn't have either) if he's looking to be in the 350-370'ish hp range.
Yes, you're right. He won't gain much with those cams but at the same time he wouldn't gain much no matter what cam he used if he were to stay n/a unless he did the full topend.
C'mon Mike, you know the drill.

Don't Sext and Drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litelmac

Members online