94 Cobra Help Needed... Front Steering / Rear End

nd_mustang

Reaction score
Guys, I have a 94 Cobra that has been gutted and roll bars installed. I'm going to be putting in a 525 hp 351c motor into it.

The question is this - I am going to pull out the dash and put a fiberglass one in, and I would like to replace the front steering completely - so...what I'm hoping for is that someone that can tell me a steering shaft / rack and pinion to get. For the steering shaft, I would like one, if possible, with a quick release steering wheel attachment. I would like a POWER rack and pinion. Any one got part #'s that worked for them?

For the rear, I would like to install some mini-tubs and then replace the entire rear with one from Moser or similar. Can anyone tell me the width that they went to with mini tubs to get a 29" tall slick under it? Probably a 11-12" wide tire.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
mm steering shaft no doubt. rack and pinion im not too sure. maybe flaming river? im gonna go with griggs for my setup. quick release is all about the kits like nrg or something

OP
OP
N

nd_mustang

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the shaft. Any idea on the steering column? I figured a power unit from Flaming River is likely in my sights for the rack.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
there isnt anything that you can get that is all together. i recommend a OEM terminator rack and pinion (cheapest and best available). Flaming river doesnt have a power rack, if it does, its like 900 bucks. You can try AGR steering but reviews are hit and miss. I havent looked into Griggs, but i believe you need a different steering shaft. cant go wrong with MM. And for quick release, i am running the NRG setup and 0 problems.

my recommendations:
OEM cobra rack
MM steering shaft
NRG adapter with quick release.

Mini tub wont be needed if you get the right offset wheel and right ride height.

i am running a 305/30/19 which is about equivalent to a 26" tall 12" wide slick, and i ride pretty low and i did not mini tub my car. However, i did bang the sh*t out of the inner fender. So with that being said, you would be good with a 1-2" mini tub setup, because you dont need that much more room.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online