'94 Cobra Ressurection

glittle75

Reaction score
Havn't posted here in a while. Short backstory, Just moved to PA for work. I have a 2003 Mach 1 with alot of work and a KB 2.1. Love it, only 27k miles, but i hardly drive it. I treat it more as a "treat" to drive. I love the SN95 body style. Well, finally got settled enough to look for one.

So I found it, 1994 Cobra. Few bolt ons and an E-cam. 135k on the dash (perfect for me, I want a driver). Seller didn't know much about it. Bought it, got divorced, had to sell to pay lawyer fees. So I am finding the mods as I go through the car.

So far:
MSD Pro-billet, Coil, and 6AL box
SVE Upper and Lowers
Eibach Pro-kit
Pro 5.0 Power Tower
C&L Cold air and MAF tube
BBK 70mm TB
EGR Delete
FRPP 9mm Wires
BBK Shorties, BBK O/R H, Flow 10's dumped
E303
BBK U/D Pullies

Thats what i have found so far. It also has and older Pioneer head unit, and Polk speakers inside. (Mach 460 car)

Picked it up for $3000 said and done. Came with '05 factory bullets (not the black 03 cobras shown) and ~70% nitto 555s all round, 255/50/17's.

Not a bad pick up imho. Paint looks worse in person than it does in pics. has horrible swirls and RIDS. But the PC and some 105/205 will be able to clear up 90% of it. No body damage, no bad rust on it.

Plan is to get it tuned up, it currently runs rich as hell and get it driving a little better / quieter. Currently has the dreaded E-Brake cable rub, the TOB squeels, and the brakes in the rear are bad.
Overall it just needs some TLC from a good owner.

Then sell it, and try to find a white 94/95 Cobra. The color I really want.

I'll get pics as the progress continues. So far I have replaced the rear pads, tinted the Euro tails with VHT, and replaced the ACT sensor, per the OBDI trouble code it threw.

I have a big order in at AM, and CJPP. Gonna get some much needed love.

On to the pics, these are the day I picked it up. Last week.

And yes, the tint is coming off. Im fully aware that it looks horrible.

OP
OP
glittle75

glittle75

Reaction score
And the E-cam is still a maybe, not convinced that its not just a vacuum leak or a horrible timing adjustment. Have to put factory pullies back on it. The BBKs block the view of the pointer horribly.
Progress is slow, I work 60~ish hours a week, and have a 4 yr old that I try to spend alot of time with.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome back!
Nice cobra and I'm assuming the mach in your Sig is the on you're talking about. Very nice.

RichV

Reaction score
I'd buy it for the paint alone! Looks like glass.

Welcome!!

5litrarag

Reaction score
KILL those tailights. NOW. First thing.
Good pickup otherwise it seems.

edit - Just saw the headlights too. you'll need to find a set of those. It really completes the look. Theres probably a good reason those arent the OEM pieces.... Hope the car is as clean underneath as it is on the outside.
Hows the interior?

OP
OP
glittle75

glittle75

Reaction score
Thanks, and yes the Mach in my sig is mine as well. From underneath the car, there is no damage. clean oasis and title.
They aren't factory, as far as I can tell, because the car came with Angel Eyes, and those tails. Then someone decided to sell it with "stockers" and got GT's instead of the cobras. The stock tailights that I got with it are teal, not black.
Got a little done today, pulled the cap and rotor. The contacts were a little black, so cleaned them up with some 1500/2500 grit. Cleaned the MAF, TB, and IAC well. made custom zip-tie wire looms. replaced the odometer gear and cleaned up the cluster plastics. marked the HB for 12*. Now I just have to take it somewhere and point my light at it. Can't do it in the drive, I live in townhouses, and have allready had complaints about the noise.

Noticed today that the Cowl panel, mirrors and wiper arms are all painted to match the body. Looks good to me.
Next things on the list are the shipments from AM and CJPP. Quadrant, firewall adj, door lock pins, timing, and some interior parts. And to get the tint off.

A few pics from today, she is dirty, as the mach only sleeps inside. The cobra, not so much.
Cowl:

Engine:

Janky cold air that needs a bigger filter and relocated inside the fender:

Going to try and set the timing tomorrow and clean up the inside. Still deciding if I want to attempt to peel tint myself, or pay for someone to do it...

And the Mach:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online