94 Engine

Dekorum

Reaction score
Hey,
New to the forums.
Was wondering if anyone has any pictures of a Cobra engine from a 94-95? I wanted to check if mine was slightly discolored from the norm. Also have anyone ever tried cleaning the area where it says Cobra? Are you supposed to let that greenish plastic around the letters flake off?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
303767_91_full.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dekorum

Reaction score
Thanks.
Is that your car?
If so, how much of a difference did you notice when you got the MAC CAI?
That may be my first mod, heh.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
CAIs really dont do much they look cool mainly, I got a BBK metal one but wish I got a plastic. Anyways first mod should be gears!

The intakes do tend to turn yellowish but some people use the wrong cleaning products on them. What do you mean by green plastic on the intake plate? you got a pic?

Welcome to the site btw!

OP
OP
D

Dekorum

Reaction score
Whats the difference in a metal or plastic CAI?
I'm definitely gonna get exhaust before gears though.
My intake is yellowish, what should I use to clean it?
I'll try to take some pics in a few mins. I tried to clean it with some simple green first, and I sprayed it all over the intake plate and when I tried to wipe it off I noticed these things flaking off.

Thanks.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes that's my car. About the gains from the CAI, I cant really say. I bought it strickly for looks and didnt even expect a gain from it, at least on a stock motor. I polish it with Neverdull.

Around the letters on the top of my intake i think some of the clearcoat (maybe?) is flaking off. Idk if that's what you're talking about though...

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Heh Sure man, on a warm engine spray down the entire engine compartment with simple green. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes or so, and scrub any areas that are extra thick. After that just hose it off making sure not to apply direct pressure to any electronics. If you want before you start spray any obvious electrical connections with silicone spray, and cover the maf and maybe the distributor. After that i usually close the hood and let it idle for a couple minutes to dry everything. When everything is dry spray it down with tire shine for that wet glossy look 8) I like to wash the car afterwards to get all the simple green and tireshine overspray off the paint, wind usually blows it everywhere. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online