94 GT auto seems sluggish

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by 19GT96, Apr 30, 2016.

1. 19GT96

19GT96 New Member

I have a 94 GT auto, bascially stock with SR CAI and a flow master cat back, under hard accerlation it throws a CEL for about 3-10 seconds then goes away as nothing ever happend, I know being a vert and auto it's no rocket ship but I feel it should be alittle faster, plug bad? MAF dirty? Only things I can think of...besides a clogged cat maybe (still has stock cats) car was always very very well taken care off, any input would be great thanks

2. lutter94

lutter94 Well-Known Member

Does it store the code? Have you read them?

3. 19GT96

19GT96 New Member

I'm gonna do the code reading tomorrow in the AM to see what's stored, I just actually googled how to do the jump

4. FortyFiveAuto

FortyFiveAuto New Member

Just a newb myself, but checking the MAF couldn't hurt. I recently bought a 94 GT stickshift; MAF was all gunked up. Sprayed it with some cleaner and changed the old ratty K&N that had been on there for God knows how long, shaved a second and some change off the 0-60 time (about 9.5 to 8 seconds). Pretty slow I know, but there's been some other issues I've had to address!

Speaking of stock cats, at 22 years old they've definitely seen some sh!t. I know mine are all shot to hell; waiting on the Brown Santa to bring in my BBK headers, catted X-pipe and Borla catback. Should run a lot smoother after that!

5. 19GT96

19GT96 New Member

Yea them cats have seen better days that's for sure! I'm gonna grab the mass cleaner today and clean it filter is good, it's raining here in PA may have to wait to tomorrow to do all that, but I'm leaning on the Mass being dirty

6. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

Change ya fuel filter too.. One of the simplest things that can cause some shit if it's clogged, most people overlook them. It's back by ya gas tank, in front of it.

7. ranger56528

ranger56528 Active Member

Clean the Mas and replace the cats and o2 sensors throw a new fuel filter in and see what happens.

8. 95GT86SS

95GT86SS New Member

Just out of curiosity is the EGR still on the car?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk