94 GT belt size and route??

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Ok i have a 94 GT and i took the smog pump off.. Does anyone know what size belt i need.. I also think there is aftermarket pullies on there but i dont know how to tell... I also need the route that the belt goes on...

Thanks for any help..

Willis

ryclef331

Reaction score
Suspect said:
use a peice of string to measure.

What he said. Measure is out with a piece of string. You don't need to buy that BULLSHIT pulley. It also can vary depending on if you have stock pullies or underdrives or even the BRAND of underdrives. Regardless...click this link. It will show you pics of how to route your belt. It even has A/C delete routing and sizes. Remember, it may not work perfect for you. If it doesn't, run some string through in that routing order, measure it, drop about a half inch for the tensioner off your final measurement, then go to the parts store and tell them the lenght you need and in 6 ribs. I always bought TWO sizes smaller as well and just took back what didn't work out.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com//Detailed/660.shtml

Xticee

Reaction score
I just removed my smog pump and with stock pullies I needed a 90.5" belt. Only took me 4 belts and the same number of trips to the auto store to get the right one! :hammer:

loud_pony

Reaction score
Xticee said:
I just removed my smog pump and with stock pullies I needed a 90.5" belt. Only took me 4 belts and the same number of trips to the auto store to get the right one! :hammer:

Same with me.... I got to know the parts man at napa... lol!

MustangBrad94gt

Reaction score
I have a 94gt 5.0 with smog pump removed, this belt will leave the tensioner approx 5/16 off the tensioner stop, gates part number K060900, this belt is the good green stripe, 13/16 wide by 90 5/8 in length, route is the same, just without the smog pump

Shoyoas

Reaction score
grease mnky said:
I just done mine and I used a 90" belt from advanced.

you should post your part number for that belt. also remember that it's easier to swap the belt at the parts store!
As long as you spin the idlers and water pump ccw and everything else clockwise.

Black95GT_5sp

Reaction score
I Used the Routing that Javi Posted. I found that it is easiest to put the belt on all the pulleys first. followed by moving the tensioner and slipping the belt underneath the idler on the top of the engine. I went to napa and tried a couple of belts on for size, and this one fits, no slack, on a system with stock Pullies.

Im including a picture of the Belt sleeve so you only have to make one trip.
- Also the pic is pretty big so im only adding a link.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/sredman09/carpics/CIMG0900.jpg

AfghaniBob

Reaction score
I wound up with an 89 5/8" and could have used closer to 89 1/4". The 90 and change one had it clapping on the tensioner stop.

No smog pump, Wazee tensioner, idler and power steering pulley, March alt, w/p and crank and factory a/c of course.

hectorlzn

Reaction score
Smog and A/C removed.. BBK crank and water pulley..
IMG_5631.jpg

photo3.jpg

kennebellgt

Reaction score
is there any noticeable gain from bypassing the smog pump? I'm starting to think about this now (lol) just not sure if I would feel a difference.

wannaboost94gt

Reaction score
Noticable, probably not but you do gain a few maybe 5 hp and its a weight reduction. It's ugly though thats why I removed all my smog/EGR/AC stuff. It doesn't get to hot up here lol. :thumbsup:

DFG_magic

Reaction score
Just to add, without SMOG but retaining all other accessories, the Goodyear Gatorback PN is: 4060900 . Summit carries them. The interchange PN for autozone, orielleys, advance, napa is 900K6. These are 90" belts. Just deleted my smog pump today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online