94 GT project - Marilyn

Jacob_5.0

Reaction score
Well, since I'm sitting on the car until spring comes around and I've got nothing to do, I figure I might as well start a thread about my car. Here's some shots of how the car sat when I got it. It had been in two accidents prior to when I got it, but you couldn't tell from looking at it for the most part.

It was very stock when I picked it up. One thing that I needed to do first was get new wheels. I picked up a set of OEM 1998 Cobra wheels from a buddy of mine and replaced my stock 16s.

The wheels made a big difference, but it still sat way too high. I bought some SR performance lowering springs and cc plates from AM during their cyber monday sale and waited on those. Once they came, they sat in my room for about a year before I actually got around to putting them on because I was waiting to get some new shocks and struts. I actually ended up getting Koni Str.t shocks and struts for free at the American Muscle show, so I was all set to go a little lower.

Look how high she sat :embarrassed:

The way she sat was much better after the springs were in. I kept all the isos in so it didn't sit as low as it could, but I might take them out sometime. The ride is a lot more firm as well.

The next couple of things I did were just small appearance things. I ordered new headlights because a reflector had broken off inside of mine and I didn't want it to bounce around and break something. I ordered some one piece black headlights from LMR. I liked how they turned out, but I still need to buy some clips to adjust them.

I installed my mach 1 style chin spoiler a week or so later.

And now I'm stocking up on some parts during winter to put on in spring.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Looks good! I love the cobra hood on there

Im ready to see it in the spring!

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice stang, the few things that you did do far made a huge difference...

OP
OP
Jacob_5.0

Jacob_5.0

Reaction score
Its off to a pretty nice start. What kind of plans do you have for power?
If I can save up enough, I'd like to get a centrifugal. Either that or do a full H/C/I. Nothing too drastic for now though, gotta pay for college haha

OP
OP
Jacob_5.0

Jacob_5.0

Reaction score
So I've done some small things while I wait for the weather to warm up.

First of all, I plastidipped my front pony emblem gold. I used a black base coat with a gold metalizer and a clear coat on top. I think it turned out pretty nice for my first platidip attempt.

I also ordered some new clear fogs to match my new headlights, since my stock fogs are dirty and ugly. Then I ordered some yellow tint and put that over the top. I'm waiting on some yellow bulbs to come in as well.

OP
OP
Jacob_5.0

Jacob_5.0

Reaction score
I put the yellow fogs in a few weeks ago and I must say, I love them.

Since it was nice out this week, I also took of my old wheels. I figured it was time for a change.

I put a 1-inch spacer in the rear with the new wheels as well. It really helped to fill in the fenders in the back. Personally, I love how the new wheels look. I am building it for myself after all, right?

She has a little more of a booty now too, which never hurts.

That's all for now. Hopefully I'll be getting my exhaust done in the next week or two and then I'll give you guys another update.

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Really nice outcome, man. Now I see why you decided on a gold grill pony. What model XXR wheels are those? I've seen another member with those here somewhere

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Really nice outcome, man. Now I see why you decided on a gold grill pony. What model XXR wheels are those? I've seen another member with those here somewhere

OP
OP
Jacob_5.0

Jacob_5.0

Reaction score

They belonged to Kyle (That guy right up there ^) before I bought them off him. Theyre xxr 535.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like those wheels, they look really sweet with the gold on black. Looking good so far!

OP
OP
Jacob_5.0

Jacob_5.0

Reaction score
So A few more small things have been done since I posted last.

First off, I bought an s281 replica wing and put it on right away. It helps complete the flow of the car and I really like how it looks. Now its got cobra, saleen, and gt parts. Frankenstang?

Also, to add more to the gold and black look, I got a reflective gold bumper insert and replaced my silver one. It looks much better in my opinion.

HuskerGT

Reaction score
So A few more small things have been done since I posted last.

First off, I bought an s281 replica wing and put it on right away.

Is there a wrong way?

Car looks really good, man. I see you used a 1" spacer out back. As I recall they have a small amount of OS. Do you have any problems rubbing up front?

OP
OP
Jacob_5.0

Jacob_5.0

Reaction score
Is there a wrong way?

Car looks really good, man. I see you used a 1" spacer out back. As I recall they have a small amount of OS. Do you have any problems rubbing up front?

So far the only problems I've had are that the wheels hit the sway bar when I go to full lock on the steering. But if I avoid going full lock, it doesn't hit at all.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Wow, you've really changed it's appearance. Really like the black and gold look. Also digging those wheels. Seen them on other guys cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online