94 gt running like crap plz HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

94bluebyu

Reaction score
I have a 94 gt the mods are 306, trick flow street intake, stock cam, gt40p heads, full off road exhaust no cats, 6lb powerdyne, 255 walbro, 42lb injectors, upr boostpipe, lightning mass air. I am at a loss the car will idle but when i accelerate it flutters and wont rev even half way to red line. I want to know would a tune fix this? I cant barely drive it in and out of garage running like this! ANY SUGESTIONS

TanTop94

Reaction score
I can only imagine a proper tune would really help. Hopefully someone with alittle more experience will jump in and help you out. Id say stay with a tune though and go from there.

toyman

Reaction score
For some perspective. How long have you had the car and did this just start to happen?

RichV

Reaction score
Assuming the MAF/injectors/ECU are good and matched.

I know the Foxes had issues with the MAF needing clocked in some s/c cases. I had a Procharger on my 86 and it would run right only in a certain clocked position.

But it could be a slew of stuff with so many mods. Not sure if you can just plug in a lightning MAF and 42# injectors and get a running car without any sort of tuning.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Yes the tune would fix that. .. I would stop trying to run it... injectors are over twice the size of the stock ones.. the maf doesn't match the calibration in the stock tune. .

rw95gt

Reaction score
I think a mail order tune would be difficult with the mods you have. I'm sure it would at least be drivable with one but a custom dyno tune would be your best option imo.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

94bluebyu

Reaction score
If i did away with powerdyne do you think my engine would handle 125 wet kit of nitrous? If so what injectors should i run to be safe>

rw95gt

Reaction score
When did it start giving you trouble? I wouldn't give up on the supercharger unless you just don't like it.

If you changed to a nitrous set up you would only need 24lb injectors with a wet kit. A dry kit would allow you to keep the 42lb injectors. Regardless you need a tune if you don't currently have one. The car will not run correctly with a lightning mass air that isn't tuned to its injectors. I would start with a code scanner and getting in touch with a shop to go over the issues and schedule a tune.

OP
OP

94bluebyu

Reaction score
Thanks rw95 the powerdyne i like its quiet and it makes it a fun street car. I had a moates chip programmed for me it didnt work at all car wouldnt even idle. with out moates the car idles fine but when i give it throttle it flutters upto redline. Is that beacause of mass air im sure i needs a tune drivablity would probably be great and more reliable huh.

rw95gt

Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a issue with the mass air if its not tuned to your injectors. Check your timing and fuel pressure also.

Addermk2

Reaction score
If you don't have a tune, your problem is that 90mm LMAF's are NOT calibrated for 42# injectors. You can't just slap parts on and expect it to work. Who did you get your Moates chip from? Was it just a chip, or was it a Quarterhorse.

skip the forum and e-mail me

[email protected]

OP
OP

94bluebyu

Reaction score
what mass air would work with ford racing 42lb injectors so i could at least drive to tuner its not drivable right now?

OP
OP

94bluebyu

Reaction score
would be better to just change to 19# or 24# set up with btm im not seeing more than 5lbs of boost.

OP
OP

94bluebyu

Reaction score
what maf would that be make and model? I will buy the correct and sell this one if needed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online