94 GT smog pump bypassed...need it back, what do I need? (noob)

FortyFiveAuto

Reaction score
So I moved to a county in Colorado that does emissions inspections. :manos: New job, better pay, eh it's a trade-off.

It turns out that the guy I bought my car from did a smog pump bypass.

From the looks of it, and from my mechanic, the smog pump is still there, just not engaged by the drive belt. The car gives a CEL after about 10 mins of driving every time I turn it on.

There's also a ratty-looking rubber hose coming out of a valve of some sort near the firewall on the passenger side, pictured below. My mechanic said they were parts belonging to the bypassed system, is he correct?

ufZofRI.jpg

So, is there some type of diagram I can consult to make sure that I can account for all the bypassed and/or missing parts? I plan to put in a Borla exhaust at some point in the next few months, I wonder if this shouldn't wait until then or if it would be beneficial to reinstall this system now.

TIA for the advice, your patience with this total 5.0 noob is appreciated! :grin:

OP
OP
F

FortyFiveAuto

Reaction score
Holy crap, thank you Magic! This will be very helpful!!!

And thank you as well, ttocs, I may take you up on that, just let me know what it's all worth to you.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
hell with you in Denver I could think of more then a few things to trade for . But as long as its worth the time to pack them up and mail them off is all they are worth to me. If they help someone else out then great I mean I can let you know the actual shipping cost after they are out if you want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online