94 gt tranny issues

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by BALZY_GT, Aug 7, 2006.

1. BALZY_GT

BALZY_GT Member

On my 94 GT 5 SPEED i have noticed increased difficulty shifting. Both during driving and also when you first start up and try to put it into gear. I have a steeda clutch cable kit, not yet installed, but something tells me that it is more than that? When the car is idleing in neutral or with the clutch depressed, i hear this wierd noise coming from the tranny. It's not grinding, but more like a spinning gear noise with an occasional clunk? Does anyone know what this could be?

I was also wondering, if i do have to replace the tranny, could i hook a t45 up to my 5.0? Has anyone ever done this?
    _________

2. dman1

dman1 New Member

sounds like a throw out bearing

3. 95CALI-5.0

95CALI-5.0 Active Member

yeah it's probably ur t.o.b.. replace that and install ur steeda clutch adj and ur set. And yes you can install a t45 in yur 5.0. When my trans goes out I'm going with a G-Force.

4. Justin_Bradley

Justin_Bradley New Member

Is a T5 to T45 tranny swap a pretty straight forward swap? Take out the T5, drop in the T45, and go chirp third? lol

What are the benefits of this swap?

5. Eastcoast5.0

Eastcoast5.0 Member

Normally when the TOB is going the noise will stop when you put the clutch in.

6. BALZY_GT

BALZY_GT Member

now that you mention it, i believe the noise does stop when i push in the clutch. Will i need to replace the whole clutch or just the throw out bearing? Also will the t5 bellhousing work with the t45 tranny?