'94 GT Trunk leaking?

BlackStallion

Reaction score
Anyone else on here experience their SN95 trunk leaking water inside of it? I believe it's getting past the rubber trunk seal. My trunk was literally somping wet. Everything in it had to be removed. Also found out I have a mouse in there... and it smells like a hamster cage inside now. Ugh.

So now I'll probably need a new trunk board, and a new trunk mat. Dang it.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would check the rubber seal or look for a pinhole around the perimeter of the lip, maybe near some rust? Seriously, I hate that for you, but a mouse...? Lol :)

OP
OP
B

BlackStallion

Reaction score
Well, at 240,000 miles, there does get to be some rust here and there. the right rear lower quarter where those plastic useless box things are, is rotted out on my car. I hammered a crude patch panel and riveted it in to place, and the spot where my disc changer was mounted in to the trunk, a hole had developed around a mounting screw and I didnt know until I removed it. I've just been too dang lazy to patch either of the holes permanently... now I'm probably going to have to. Outdoor storage sucks.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would look at the wing o-rings for the leaky spots and the tail light mounting holes.

Pull everything out of the trunk and fold down the back seat. Don't forget the plugs in the lid that cover the wing bolts.
Climb in with a flashlight and have someone soak down the the back end of the car and the whole back window.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
My spoiler sometimes lets in water. But not like you have. I'd try what CC said, should be able to find where your leak is coming from

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
The factory gel/seal separated from the body, eventually did this. And yes, it leaks into the trunk.

OP
OP
B

BlackStallion

Reaction score
I'll check that out under there. My factory seam sealer isnt visibly cracked, but it could be lifted enough... Also, whats that module box shown in your last picture? My car doesnt have that.

Also, I took the spoiler off of my car. I used the black push plugs, and put a touch of clear rtv around the hole before I crammed em in. Shouldnt be leaking there.

I did catch a mouse though, I checked the trap in the trunk when I got home and I caught the little sucker. I set the trap back up in case there are "others"

I will wait til this streak of cold weather passes before I climb in the backseat and look in the trunk.... the car stinks like hell inside right now, so I sprayed Febreeze in it for the time being until I can take care of it.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
That box is for the PATS system. Not all Mustangs have it and you should be glad you don't

OP
OP
B

BlackStallion

Reaction score
Ahh because Tally's car is newer... got ya. Yeah glad I dont have that. I hear nothing but issues with those from people I know.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's not because it's newer.Some 94's came with it too.

BTW I have friends that used to live in Sardinia. I was raised in the Milford, Goshen, Loveland area.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
They moved from there to Blanchester about 2 years ago. I think their son and d-i-l are living in their old house now. Off 134 IIRC

OP
OP
B

BlackStallion

Reaction score
thats pretty cool yeah Sardinia is a small place. I live just outside of it actually in Lake Waynoka.

I have friends that live in Loveland/Milford/Goshen as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online