94 GT Tune Options

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
I have a 94 GT, T5, with Trick Flow heads, cam, & upper/lower intake, roller rockers, 75mm TB, CAI, 30lb injectors with 255 walbro and Pro-M MAF calibrated for 30lb injectors, MSD cap/rotor & blaster coil, EGR/smog delete, Mac shorty headers, off-road x pipe to flowmasters, & 4.10 gears. I've been getting mixed opinions and suggestions what to do for a tune. Obviously a dyno tune is the best route. I was going to just get an SCT chip and see how it worked (heard good and bad about SCT as well) before I went any farther. I really don't want to mess around with Moates or Tweecer either. I know you have to have some sort of chip or piggy back for a dyno tune to be put on just don't want to spend $270 on an SCT and get nowhere with it then have to get a $400+ dyno tune. Anyway to just get some sort of a blank chip and have it dyno'd? I don't know a lot about tuning on the 94-95 ecu as I've always dealt with OBD2 cars. Just looking for some straight answers on what to do with the mods I have. I'm located in southern Iowa and would also like to know some good dyno shops to check out around here or northern Missouri or any other suggestions.

lutter94

Reaction score
The dyno tune can't just "tune your ECU" you would have to buy an SCT or something similar. Maybe the 400+ includes the chip? Idk. All the SCT 4 bank chips can be reused over and over, find a used one, they're around.

edit.
The corral usually has 1 or 2 for sale. Usually 100-125. You don't need a cord/switch if you put a single tune on it.
http://forums.corral.net/forums/electronics-entertainment/1963874-sct-6600-chip.html

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Alright. I got on the website for the dyno I mentioned and it says its $300+chip (whatever they use) to do a dyno tune for my car. Probably just go this route instead of messing with pre-loaded tunes from Bama.

lutter94

Reaction score
If they do a bundle (chip+tune), by all means buy from them. But if they charge for the tune + full retail chip price, I would have zero problems buying a used one and having them flash it.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Just been running into dead ends. Not a lot of performance shops in Iowa that have experience with tuning the 94-95 ecu's. Obviously a stand-alone would be a lot easier to deal with but I don't want to spend a bunch of money on one when my car is N/A and has basic mods. Just looking for shops in or around Iowa that have experience with tuning 94-95 ecu's.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Looking into LSXkilr custom calibrations in Bonner Springs, Kansas. It's about 3 1/2 hours from me and has nothing but good reviews and dealt with the 94-95 ecu's multiple times with great results.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Got a dyno appointment with LSXkilr next weekend. Should turn out good.

94yellow50

Reaction score
Check out mpdynotune. It's near Chicago illinois. Mike post runs it. Does a great job on them. He'll talk to you about what you need. 600 for the tune, chip, and dynotime. I'm headed up there once I get my longtubes on and motor dropped back in. It's about 1.5 hours northeast of me

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Hopefully will see some increased horsepower. Guy I bought it from had it dyno'd when he owned it and it only put down around 260rwhp with the mods. Don't remember what the torque number was. Anyway, with a good tune hoping to hit 300+ hp.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Anyway, with a good tune hoping to hit 300+ hp.
I hope you reach your goal of 300rwhp but can you fill in some of the blanks? Lets look at your combo.

T5: Less HP to spin and more HP to the tires on this setup.
Trick Flow heads: Which one?
cam: Camshaft specs?

upper/lower intake: I'm assuming TFS street
roller rockers: Less friction but not a huge HP maker on this setup.
75mm TB: Not really needed on this setup but it won't hurt

CAI, 30lb injectors with 255 walbro and Pro-M MAF calibrated for 30lb injectors: Good choice
MSD cap/rotor & blaster coil: Not needed for this setup but it won't add any HP or TQ unless you have a spark issue.
EGR/smog delete: No HP difference

Mac shorty header: Assuming 1 5/8" shortys. Would of preferred 2 .5" shortys on this setup.
off-road x pipe: I'm assuming 2.5"?
flowmasters: Not a huge HP maker but they sound cool.
4.10 gears: Will show less HP on the dyno. A smaller gear like a 3.55 would show more HP on the dyno

BTW, what's your compression ratio?

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
I have a 94 GT, T5, with Trick Flow heads, cam, & upper/lower intake, roller rockers, 75mm TB, CAI, 30lb injectors with 255 walbro and Pro-M MAF calibrated for 30lb injectors, MSD cap/rotor & blaster coil, EGR/smog delete, Mac shorty headers, off-road x pipe to flowmasters, & 4.10 gears.
? ^

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
I hope you reach your goal of 300rwhp but can you fill in some of the blanks? Lets look at your combo.

T5: Less HP to spin and more HP to the tires on this setup.
Trick Flow heads: Which one?
cam: Camshaft specs?

upper/lower intake: I'm assuming TFS street
roller rockers: Less friction but not a huge HP maker on this setup.
75mm TB: Not really needed on this setup but it won't hurt

CAI, 30lb injectors with 255 walbro and Pro-M MAF calibrated for 30lb injectors: Good choice
MSD cap/rotor & blaster coil: Not needed for this setup but it won't add any HP or TQ unless you have a spark issue.
EGR/smog delete: No HP difference

Mac shorty header: Assuming 1 5/8" shortys. Would of preferred 2 .5" shortys on this setup.
off-road x pipe: I'm assuming 2.5"?
flowmasters: Not a huge HP maker but they sound cool.
4.10 gears: Will show less HP on the dyno. A smaller gear like a 3.55 would show more HP on the dyno

BTW, what's your compression ratio?
I am not positive of any specs on the motor as I am not the one who built it. The car came this way when I purchased it. All I have done to it is add the 75mm TB since it still had the stock one on it when I got it. My buddy that's helping me work on it thinks it is the TF Track Heat kit, but like I said there is still no positive answer until I can actually get into the motor and find some numbers on the parts which will not be this year yet. Plan on pulling the motor next winter to do some inspecting and clean the engine bay up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online