94 GT twin turbo.

Ross L

Reaction score
Rossiphone3gs135_zps98c17c30.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]First post(second attempt, may leave a few details out this time)/ Just got my 94 back on the road. Build includes; forged pistons, stock rods, block. Brodix heads, roller rockers, stock cam, TDC twin turbo, 50lb injectors, pro-m calibrated meter. Anyway, here's the kicker. Drivability is perfect. Cold start, hot start, cruising, low speed, etc,,,, everything. Just like stock if you can believe it, only more responsive. I have timing set at 6 degBTDC, Fp at 38 ish. I haven't been over 5psi at part throttle or over 4K rpms with any boost. I'm worried with the factory timing curve, especially with the "calibrated" MAF:embarrassed:. My dilemma is I don't want to lock out the timing and I'm leaning toward the BTM for timing control under boost. Is there any info about what maximum timing is at WOT with the calibrated meter? I mean I've read anywhere from 27( can live with) to 40(bad). Its a 5 speed, with everything crammed under the factory hood. ANy info would be appreciated. Great forum BTW!
Ross

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
welcome to the madness.
got any pics of that set up under the hood? intercooler?
You definitely need it professionally tuned to optimize the set up and so you don't break anything. Or buy tuning soft ware and learn to tune it yourself.

OP
OP
R

Ross L

Reaction score
pc032_zpsb3fed524.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
excuse the mess, hood pad not in at the time among other things. I had to delete the ac, and air pump. Relocate the alternator, and re-clock the power steering pump. Yea, leaning toward self tuning. Maybe a pms is my next step. Its just that it runs so perfect now. If my fueling is good, why not a MSD boost retard?

OP
OP
R

Ross L

Reaction score
Rossiphone3gs140_zps87029277.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
here's the intercooler. Just a little spearco unit. I plan on re-doing all the piping to silver.

RichV

Reaction score
Wow, it looks really clean in the car.

Definitely tune it, don't do little add on bandaids of MAF calibration, big injectors, and timing controllers. Lots of knowledgeable people on here to help with that.

What kit is that? Or was it custom? How much money you got in it so far, if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
R

Ross L

Reaction score
don't mind at all. It was a *used* Turbo Driven Concepts with Turbonetics T3/T4 hybrids(rumor is Kooks did the headers for them). The turbo kit was $900 shipped. Came with the 50lb injectors, Greddy BOV, and lots of extras. Had to re-work LOTS of it to make it fit. The downpipes were flattened for clearance so I welded in new tubing. Turbos are nice and tight, no play. As far as tuning, no one within 5 hours of here does it(I'm in south Arkansas). May go the PMS route.... Thanks.
Ross

OP
OP
R

Ross L

Reaction score
I bought the car new in 1993. It was the 1st "new" body style mustang the dealership got in. I drove it a few years. It always had a oil loss issue since new. It burned maybe a quart every 2k miles. Dealer said that was "ok". Well, I added a few basic bolt-ons. It was a fun, but slow car. Beat a few of the LS cars when they first came out(the hidden NOS system *may* have helped). Well, my best friend bought the car off me. He added the Brodix heads, crazy cam, long tubes, etc..( but no NOS system). The car ran a best of 12.4 I think at 110( on 19lb injectors, Lol). Then it sat for a coupe of years... I told my buddy what *he* should do with it to get it back on the road. Well, He GAVE me the car back( yes, title too) to do whatever I wanted with the only stipulation being he could drive it sometime. I added; the chrome 17x9, 17x10.5 cobra R's ($800 shipped with new DR's installed), turbo kit $900, used Pro-m $75 ish, forged pistons/fresh block with stock cam(traded the high lift cam) $600. Probably another $300-$500 in various stuff. LOTS of time, tweaking, bending, welding and shimming things to cram it all in.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa....where in south Arkansas?!?!?

#1: I wanna see it!

#2: There's a guy from El Dorado that will be your best bet for any troubleshooting or tuning on that car with a turbo a setup!

OP
OP
R

Ross L

Reaction score
D Barbaree I assume? Yes, he knows the car. I'm in Eldorado. Come on down.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Haha small world! I may have seen you around his shop then, I had the black 94 GT that sat outside his shop for a few months earlier in the year.

OP
OP
R

Ross L

Reaction score
Cool! I haven't been around his shop much lately. He definitely knows his stuff. He seems busy with the race car so I try not to bother him to much. I did stop by his house a few weeks ago. LMK when/if you're going to his shop. I'll run by.
Ross

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Sounds good man! And btw I'm from Crossett so if you're ever over this way too I'm always around somewhere.

The reason my car stayed there so long was due to race season, I took it there in March and it sat til July. But it's understandable as many races as he makes in the car. He definitely knows his way around mustangs! That car of his is a monster too! I got to see it run at Holly Springs last month and was not disappointed lol!

OP
OP
R

Ross L

Reaction score
He built the previous combo( cnc'd broxdix heads, systemax intake, big cam, ect) based(loosely) on his pure street car he had at the time. Only this car ran a larger cam if I remember correctly. Lol. Sounded great, drivability is subjective. :grin:

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
What's new with this thing? I may be making a trip over to El Dorado soon to catch up with Dwayne, would be awesome to check out the car in person.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online