? 94 gt w/vortec s-trim

12secvx

Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first post and I like to say this is a very helpful site . Which is why I have a ? for you guys.
To start out let me tell you about what I have I just bought a 94 gt w/111,000 on the clock
The car has these mods.
-Vortec S-trim/ still runs FMU with inline pump
-Shorty headers
-off-road H-pipe W/stock mufflers
-3.73's
-paxton regulator
-tremec t-5 330tq. transmission
This is all on the stock 5.0 w/111,000 miles that has beeb boosted for around 30,000 miles. The engine still
holds 17" of vac. @ idle.
The ? is I dyno it yesterday and it layed down 304hp/351tq on a 4th gear pull. The problem I am having is it
was only going up to 5-6 psi on the dyno. on the street it usally hits around 10psi in first,and 5-6psi in 2nd,3rd,4th,
gears. I was wondering if these are normal #'s for this setup and is this normal boost reading of this setup or is my charger
going bad or what. Also the car still has a smog pump and A/C on it. Thanks Ben

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
There should not be a difference in boost pressure from the street to the dyno since a supercharger produces boost based on engine (and thusly supercharger) RPM. Were you reading boost from your boost gauge both times? Or did the dyno have their own boost gauge?

ripper

Reaction score
I would think the boost would be the same in any gear at a specified rpm Ben. Its turning the same in 1st gear at 5000rpms as it is in 4th gear at the same rpm's. Ryclef will chime in and help ya out im sure. In the mean time you should go post yourself up in introductions if you havent allready. And bring some photos of your car. Welcome to the site :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online