94 GT Wheel Options

Played in Peoria

Reaction score
First post so please take it easy on me... Has anyone tried running 2017 GT wheels with 235/50R18 tires on a 94/95 GT? I did some digging and it looks like the inner sidewall will be about 1/2" closer (10mm more positive offset) and the diameter will be about 1.5" larger (speedometer will be off a bit). Are there other fit up issues I'm overlooking? Screenshot_20200406-175731_Edge.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had issues with 17" torque thrust wheels i got with 335s on them. They would rub on slightly big bumps or hard corners.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Well, if you’re stock ride height you’ll have little issue with the taller tires. The real concern with “that much offset” is contacting the body or suspension components at full lock and with the suspension compressed. It has to go somewhere!

In short, you’ll need a spacer to make it fit and look right.

OP
OP
P

Played in Peoria

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. It's currently at stock ride height. I do have a set of lowering springs that I haven't put on yet and likely wouldn't with larger tires.

Spacers would definitely help with the offset differences. I expect I would need 1/2" spacers and longer wheel studs.

I need to check out the cost of those parts and add it in to the cost of the 2017 take offs I have been looking at. I may be better off buying wheels designed for my 94?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. It's currently at stock ride height. I do have a set of lowering springs that I haven't put on yet and likely wouldn't with larger tires.

Spacers would definitely help with the offset differences. I expect I would need 1/2" spacers and longer wheel studs.

I need to check out the cost of those parts and add it in to the cost of the 2017 take offs I have been looking at. I may be better off buying wheels designed for my 94?

You can get a set of hubcentric bolt on spacers and circumvent the extended studs. Otherwise, you’re spot on.

It’s always easier to use SN parts on an SN. Trust me. I’ve learned the hard way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online