94 GT with Mach stereo , cd power keeps turning on while listening to the fm radio

jgnewhall

Reaction score
While listening to the radio , the cd player input will come on interrupting the fm radio . Upon clicking off the cd player, the radio will play again but then shortly after the same thing will happen again. this process is repeated over and over again and then I finally give up listening to music. How can I stop the cd player from " kicking on " ? I've disconnected the cd player but then the stereo will not play ( the radio ) . Suggestions ?
Would it just be easier to get another after market head unit and how will that work because it seems that the radio needs to be hooked up to the cd player for it to work ? Thanks in advance for any help.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
short of new units I do not have much to recommend unfortunately. This is a new one to me that I have never heard of before.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Buy a new unit and don’t look back. If you have questions or need guidance feel free to ask either ttocs or myself. We’re more than happy to lend our knowledge and know how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Get this or one similar. And ditch the factory stuff. If ya do just be easy on the old speakers lol. I blew my pas door speaker first song i played . Replaced both door speakers now though.
8062fa12180d223a42e1b357af6c1732.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would guess that if you still have the factory gear at this point and want to keep it that you like the stock look. If that is the case then like I said short of either replacing the cd player(I think but it could be the deck) or finding a repair place nearby. I use to work at a shop that had a tech working there so they could do repairs and with a few calls you might be able to find one. Be aware though that over the past 10 yrs the mach amps have developed some kind of problem that causes a parasitic draw on the battery normally resulting in dead batteries.

If you do replace the deck it would be best to replace the speakers at the same time and bypass the stock amps even if its with an ultra cheapy speaker. If you do this you would use a different harness then what was suggested above.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online