94 kenne bell Cobra- dyno results

oilspill

Reaction score
Took some time off from the car game but the bug bit me again recently. Finally installed tfs 170 heads and snow meth kit I’ve had on a shelf for years.

Figured i would share the numbers here as I always appreciate finding results when I am researching.

She put down 402 hp and 438 ft lb of torque. Pretty close to my expectations.

Basic info:

Stock 302 short block
Stock cam
2.1 kenne bell (flowzilla). 11 psi
Snow performance water/meth injection
Trick flow 170 heads
Tmoss ported lower intake
All supporting mods (tb, mass air, injectors, etc)
Full exhaust- no cats
Built t5- promotion power train
3.73 rear gears

65dd0ea940fd66b155289484e3087729.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not to bad although it was a little lower than I thought it would be with meth on it. Makes me wonder what could be gained with a different cam even though I know the stock cam is boost friendly

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
not to bad although it was a little lower than I thought it would be with meth on it. Makes me wonder what could be gained with a different cam even though I know the stock cam is boost friendly

I agree that a cam would likely help me out here, but we all know KBs don't make the biggest HP. Cam will come when the bottom end has to come out.

What surprised me was I changed pulleys (1/4 inch smaller) prior to dyno expecting a drop in psi with the better flowing lower and heads. PSI actually went up 2psi which is what it should have with 1/4 inch smaller pulley and no other changes. Makes me think the cam could be the restriction.

TrickVert

Reaction score
I agree that a cam would likely help me out here, but we all know KBs don't make the biggest HP. Cam will come when the bottom end has to come out.

What surprised me was I changed pulleys (1/4 inch smaller) prior to dyno expecting a drop in psi with the better flowing lower and heads. PSI actually went up 2psi which is what it should have with 1/4 inch smaller pulley and no other changes. Makes me think the cam could be the restriction.
You're making the same HP as me, but 60+ Lb-Ft of torque. I'll bet it's a hoot! Nice!

joe65

Reaction score
Yeah 400 might seem a little low but then again that's really 460ish at the crank? not bad.

Procharged87

Reaction score
Your numbers look pretty good. You may have a few more ponies on the table but, if you’re bottom end is stock, I wouldn’t push it much harder, especially with the hypereutectic pistons. I have the non Blowzilla KB on my 95 with AFR 165 heads, Holley Systemax lower, a Comp Cams nitrous/power adder cam (can’t remember the model off-hand), T56, X-pipe, short tubes, 70mm TB, and an Anderson Power Pipe. Making 365hp and 425tq on the dyno with about 6.5-7 of boost but having an issue with smoking maybe related to blowby that came up after the heads, lower intake and T56 were added. Not sure if it’s the rings (only 96k on the motor) or the heads but I just haven’t gotten around to fixing the issue yet. Not sure if it will affect my numbers or not when I do get it fixed but I was happy where they were if it just wasn’t smoking because my 95 is a convertible and I didn’t really want more power than that. Overall I think your power output is in a solid range and I wouldn’t push it further unless I was changing the short block.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hell, I’ll take those numbers, Oilspill ! Have fun with it. Don’t knock those numbers just buckle up and hold the hell on!!

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
appreciate the replies all. Definitely not complaining about the final numbers, they were pretty close to what I expected. I was just puzzled by the boost pressure not dropping after the heads and ported lower.

Procharged87

Reaction score
My boost pressure also went up after adding the Systemax lower and the AFR heads, which surprised me as well. I think I had around 5.5-6lbs initially and ended up with 6.5-7lbs afterwards.

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
My boost pressure also went up after adding the Systemax lower and the AFR heads, which surprised me as well. I think I had around 5.5-6lbs initially and ended up with 6.5-7lbs afterwards.
interesting!! That makes no sense to me but atleast I am not on my own

surefootedpony

Reaction score
I have a 347 with rousch 200 iron heads (windsor senior)? I have a pretty big cam xe248-14 comp cams. My 2.1 kenne bell with 9lbs boost made 427RWHP, 462RWTQ on the dyno. Here in Denver high altitude. I think these numbers are corrected for the Altitude. My tuner said its a somewhat conservative tune with the Moates Quarterhorse chip. I'm totally happy with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_4094.jpg
    IMG_4094.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
I have a 347 with rousch 200 iron heads (windsor senior)? I have a pretty big cam xe248-14 comp cams. My 2.1 kenne bell with 9lbs boost made 427RWHP, 462RWTQ on the dyno. Here in Denver high altitude. I think these numbers are corrected for the Altitude. My tuner said its a somewhat conservative tune with the Moates Quarterhorse chip. I'm totally happy with the results.
nice! appreciate you sharing your numbers...bottom end is on my short list of things to do after i sort out my suspension this weekend

badass98svt

Reaction score
Took some time off from the car game but the bug bit me again recently. Finally installed tfs 170 heads and snow meth kit I’ve had on a shelf for years.

Figured i would share the numbers here as I always appreciate finding results when I am researching.

She put down 402 hp and 438 ft lb of torque. Pretty close to my expectations.

Basic info:

Stock 302 short block
Stock cam
2.1 kenne bell (flowzilla). 11 psi
Snow performance water/meth injection
Trick flow 170 heads
Tmoss ported lower intake
All supporting mods (tb, mass air, injectors, etc)
Full exhaust- no cats
Built t5- promotion power train
3.73 rear gears

View attachment 17254

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What spoiler is on your car?

badass98svt

Reaction score
Have another pic or 2 of it? Can barely see much of it in that pic.

badass98svt

Reaction score
It's like a 3 piece S281, but it's a ittle more flat. Strange. I cant believe I've never seen one before.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online