94 mustang powerdyne ?s

94bluebyu

Reaction score
i have 94 mustang gt with 306 trick flow street intake gt40p heads stock cam and 9lb powerdyne

any sugestions for injector size 19s 24s 30s i have vortech fmu also
with msd btm do i need tune or has any1 had good luck w/ Bob Kurgans mail order tunes either way btm is hooked up
what r the best plugs to run and what gap
Any sugestions welcome thanks

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You can ditch the fmu get some 42's and upgrade the fuel pump 30's aren't enough . 30's are what you need usually for a healthy hci combo . I'm running 42's with 12lbs of boost with a aeromotive stealth 340lph

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea my car was dyno tuned previously as well . When nitrous hci . It's getting tuned again for the new setup

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Would say 42 also... You can pick up a 340 pump for 100 bucks.

I have done a lot of research on the powerdyne lately as I found one ridiculously cheap that already had the belt upgrade and the billet impeller.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
i have 94 mustang gt with 306 trick flow street intake gt40p heads stock cam and 9lb powerdyne

any sugestions for injector size 19s 24s 30s i have vortech fmu also
with msd btm do i need tune or has any1 had good luck w/ Bob Kurgan mail order tunes either way btm is hooked up
what r the best plugs to run and what gap
Any sugestions welcome thanks

You answered your own question!! Talk with Mr. Kurgan about this matter!! You're going to have to inform him of all your modifications before he can set the tune up anyway AND he's a Mustang-guru.

OP
OP

94bluebyu

Reaction score
You answered your own question!! Talk with Mr. Kurgan about this matter!! You're going to have to inform him of all your modifications before he can set the tune up anyway AND he's a Mustang-guru.
thanks white 95

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
With the Dyne I bet 30 will be fine. . 42 won't hurt. The blower is not that efficient. But it's fun. I ran one years ago with 30s..

Nightmare

Reaction score
Kurgan is the man! He has tuned several cars up this way before he moves down south. Depending on where you are I could also recommend Mike Post Or marv at C&M Performance (MM&FF has used him before)

ivan12

Reaction score
+1 for Bob Kurgan although I can't comment about the mail tune aspect

OP
OP

94bluebyu

Reaction score
does any 1 know why i am in boost my fuel pressure dropslike 10psi new walbro255l new fuel injectors could it be filter bad or bad fmu or calibration of fmu

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Unless you have the right disk for the fmu I would just dump it. Get the tune for it..
Exactly what he said. I dont think you can max out 30 lb'ers with a powerdyne. You might be at close to max injector duty cycle, but you should still be able to ditch the FMU.

OP
OP

94bluebyu

Reaction score
okay guys i bought new 36lb injectors they came with a c&l mass air housing and 36lb tube but no electronics will my stock electronics work??

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
heard the c&l can be hit/miss depending on the tune myself. I thought that was how they worked that you remove the tamper proof torx screws that hold the maf electronics to the housing and inser it into the new housing? I went with a lightning maf myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online