94 rack and pinion replacement

rsm

Reaction score
I plan on swapping out the power steering rack for a manual one. Going drag racing so don't need the extra weight on the car. The manual replacement racks are pricey for the SN's but they are fairly less money for the Mustang II racks. Does anyone know if the M II rack can used on the SN95's with some adaptation? I'm not finding any info online as of yet. Looking for any online articles if anyone knows of some. Thanks.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Are 03-04 Cobra racks still available used? Mine has worked really well, and at the time I've paid only 160 dollars shipped. It's an OEM part, so you know it is built to last a while, it has just a bit more effort over stock rack, so it makes it feel "sportier", or as sporty as SN95 can feel.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Are 03-04 Cobra racks still available used? Mine has worked really well, and at the time I've paid only 160 dollars shipped. It's an OEM part, so you know it is built to last a while, it has just a bit more effort over stock rack, so it makes it feel "sportier", or as sporty as SN95 can feel.

You can still find them regularly being parted out on the various FB groups and SVTP. AGR is said to have a really nice “Cobra R” rack but I have no review data to back up that claim. Fortunately enough, I was able to buy my authentic 00 R unit from Brett when he was approached by Flaming River to test their new power rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online