94 sn 95 gt 5.0 convertible stalls. HELP!

Pony_Up302ci

Reaction score
I know there are hundreds of post regarding this topic, but I think I have something unique going on here. Let me start with the codes.
KOEO 564(M), 57, 72,73,76,and 77.
KOER 72,36, and 543.
Cylinder test is strange. All 8 cylinders were tested because I counted 8. At the end I received 9 flashes on one cylinder, then another 9 flashes, then no more. I waited about 3 minutes and received no more flashes. I went through the process twice and got the same results. Is it possible to have 6 bad cylinders? I have troubleshooted the surging idle with checklist provided in another forum, MAF sensor, AIT, Throttle body, IAC, TPS, smoke tested for vacuum leaks, and everything checked out till yesterday. I fix one problem, then get a whole new set of codes. Most of these codes have to do with a circuit being high or low. 543 and 564 is either input "A" circuit or "A" open circuit. I am at a loss. The car runs fine for the first couple of minutes then dies. Only on the freeway CEL comes on. 187,998 miles. I have tried to attach a video clip, but it might be too large of a file.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Did you get the 99 when you first initiated the self test? I’m a little confused. Your car should use 3 digit codes not 2. Are you sure you’re counting them correctly? Have you checked all your fuses?

Flade

Reaction score
Most common stalling problem is the PIP sensor. Consider getting a quality Distributer. AZ now sells brand new ones at very reasonable prices. Avoid rebuilt ones. I generally don’t like throwing parts at it, but eventually the PIP will fail, so it’s a good prevent measure even if it’s not the issue this time. Have you checked the cap, rotor, wires, plugs, etc?

Last edited:

Monday

Reaction score
I know there are hundreds of post regarding this topic, but I think I have something unique going on here. Let me start with the codes.
KOEO 564(M), 57, 72,73,76,and 77.
KOER 72,36, and 543.
Cylinder test is strange. All 8 cylinders were tested because I counted 8. At the end I received 9 flashes on one cylinder, then another 9 flashes, then no more. I waited about 3 minutes and received no more flashes. I went through the process twice and got the same results. Is it possible to have 6 bad cylinders? I have troubleshooted the surging idle with checklist provided in another forum, MAF sensor, AIT, Throttle body, IAC, TPS, smoke tested for vacuum leaks, and everything checked out till yesterday. I fix one problem, then get a whole new set of codes. Most of these codes have to do with a circuit being high or low. 543 and 564 is either input "A" circuit or "A" open circuit. I am at a loss. The car runs fine for the first couple of minutes then dies. Only on the freeway CEL comes on. 187,998 miles. I have tried to attach a video clip, but it might be too large of a file.
Put the viddy on YouTube...

As for the stall, pop the hood and start unplugging things. I'd start with the MAF...

Then Dihydrogen monoxide Temperature Sensors, if that didn't work, then... well, you should get the idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online