94 tail light swap to later style? Also, sequential T/S possible? What do I need?

wwthud

Reaction score
:undecided: Are the later T/Ls a bolt-in swap? What harness changes are necessary, or (hopefully) is there a kit pre-made to do this? Any recommendations as to who makes a good quality, bolt-in kit, or do I need to pick and fit? Thanks for looking!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yea they're a direct swap! Get them off ebay or something. Only buy a set of OEM tails, aftermarket ones fitment is hit or miss. You will need 1996-1998 Vertical taillight harnesses, thats it. Unplug your stock taillight harnesses from the car, plug the 96-98 ones in, and install your new lights. Sequentials are option aswell. AmericanMuscle.com sells splice in sequentials or plug and play. The splice in are cheap because you do all the work yourself, the plug and plays more costly because you simply plug them in and be done with it. Theres directions with the sequential harness as to which plug goes where so you get the right sequence. If you buy the sequential kit from AM, you won't need the normal taillight harnesses because the sequentials are basically that, just wired differently for the sequential sequence.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The kits from American Muscle are overpriced. Sequential tail lights are not really a difficult concept to understand and the wiring can be done by a novice if you're careful and follow the directions. Even the cheaper "splice" kit is still going to cost you $100+ if you get it from American Muscle. You can get the same effect with a similar (non branded) kit for half the money. This is the place I got my sequential kit from that I put on my old V6. It worked flawlessly for years and was still working like a champ when I sold the car... although I would recommend soldering vs using the included butt connectors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online