94 V6 Intake Manifold Interchange

Discussion in '94-04 - V6 Specific' started by stillboardin, Sep 1, 2016.

1. stillboardin

stillboardin New Member

Haven't posted before and did a search but could not find the info but I am hoping this community can help.

I inherited a low mileage 94 convertible from my mother and promptly was introduced to the head gasket issue. While removing the upper intake the front bolt snapped off at the lower intake. I attempted the easy-out but the bolt was welded in so I had to drill out what was left. So now I have two options, 1. Install a Heli coil or 2. find a lower intake at a junk yard or online.

A quick search online turned up a few, but nothing very close to me. Local junkyards are scarce on 94 mustang V6's so I am trying to find out if Ford used the same intake on other cars or other years that could be used. Might open up the pool of availability.

I am not looking to mod this car so a stock intake is all I want at this point.

If anyone can answer I would appreciate it.

2. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

You are much more apt to find a 99-00 (I would skip on 01+ because of IMRC's) in a junk yard. If you did, I would snag the heads and both intakes. You'll get about a 40 hp increase, and it would be cheap.

Check into the split port swap, and for junk yard components it would be cheap.

For your original question though, no I do not think any other vehicles used the same lower.

3. stillboardin

stillboardin New Member

Helicoiled it and it works perfect.

4. chuckssn95

chuckssn95 New Member

So you can get the heads and intake off the 99+ 3.8l and swap them on? Is there a thread on hear of that being done?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

5. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

That's the way I understand it. I've never actually done the swap myself though so I cannot completely attest to it.