94 valve covers

hondakid_1_1

Reaction score
I know this probably has been said before but I can’t find much info on it what valve covers fit a 94 mustang gt?
cfc6311b2bbcf086838c1b68306f9910.jpg
acfd5a8c4230e15a8b9d7857b3fb8005.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
biggest thing that becomes a problem is the alternator is back a little closer so some of the fox body styles do not work, some do. A lot of us just got a cast of pair of the stock fox body covers and then either polish or powder them. You need to trim the baffle on the inside of the passenger side but after that they are a simple clean look and with the right color can look custom.

OP
OP
hondakid_1_1

hondakid_1_1

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out a way to get everything to fit with the valve covers I have on there currently but not having much luck. Thanks for your help

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well then not sure how handy you are, but I actually had to modify mine a little to fit a larger alternator that I have planned. I just cut the very end of the valve cover that made contact and then used cardboard to make a template to fill the hole and then transferred that to a piece of aluminum. I am not a good enough welder so I found a local guy that did it for $35.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Also have to be leery of the size of the roller rockers as if they’re bigger than 1.6 they can hit the baffles in some covers.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
BUT then if you go with the tall valve covers for big roller rockers, then you will need an intake spacer to make room under the upper intake. And if you do that then you loose the strut tower bar as well. Isn't upgrading fun?!

OP
OP
hondakid_1_1

hondakid_1_1

Reaction score
The ones I have on there now would be fine if the dang oil fill tube was farther forward. And ya this modding has been so fun lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The ones I have on there now would be fine if the dang oil fill tube was farther forward. And ya this modding has been so fun lol

I had the same problem with the fox body covers I used. I just cut the tube down so its lower and use a funnel to fill the oil.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same problem with the fox body covers I used. I just cut the tube down so its lower and use a funnel to fill the oil.

A funnel??? I thought the oil that ran down the motor lubricated the motor mounts and headers. Otherwise they’d rust and seize up?!?!?!?!

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Just have to mock it up and check clearances. Some hit and some don't. I put the 1.7 Cobra roller rockers under the stock valve covers on mine but had to remove the baffle. It doesn't suck oil so I called it good. The ones in the pic look good but you may have to whittle on them a bit. Good luck.

OP
OP
hondakid_1_1

hondakid_1_1

Reaction score
Well I got these valve covers to fit just fine but it’s out of a 94 and I have that adapter for the throttle body and I can’t get it to fit over the oil fill tube. I pulled the tube out and put a closed breather in it and it’s still too tall. I don’t know what other options are out there?

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
One other option I forgot about since it's been so long (20 years or so) since we did it to my cousin's '95 was a set of Comp Cams polymer/plastic, resin/whatever valve covers. They came without the oil filler neck installed I guess so you could place it where you needed to. We had to mark it, drill it, and install it ourselves. It worked and turned out pretty good. I'll try to get a picture of it and send it to you.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well I got these valve covers to fit just fine but it’s out of a 94 and I have that adapter for the throttle body and I can’t get it to fit over the oil fill tube. I pulled the tube out and put a closed breather in it and it’s still too tall. I don’t know what other options are out there?

Just curious what a closed breather is? All I did to make the oil fill tube fit under my intake was to modify it by cutting it down so it was 3" lower.

OP
OP
hondakid_1_1

hondakid_1_1

Reaction score
ace37bc14caedd31b474af16fbbe1cf2.jpg

This is the closed breather cap I bought to try to get more clearance but this still stands too tall. I’m thinking I’m gonna have to buy the valve covers like your talking about and make my own hole.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
take a pic of what you have. I am pretty sure you do not want a breather on the valve covers anyway with out some other changes.

Darkhorse95

Reaction score
These are what I’m running on mine. I still have the intake manifold with a 1 inch spacer. I used the trickflow filler neck and drilled my own mounting location for it.... On the passenger side you will definitely have to modify the front so you can remount the alternator. I’ve had no issues at all with them, but I will say it was a pain in the a$$ getting everything set up right.
upload_2020-1-30_17-16-22.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-30_17-17-8.png
    upload_2020-1-30_17-17-8.png
    548.3 KB · Views: 14

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
These are what I’m running on mine. I still have the intake manifold with a 1 inch spacer. I used the trickflow filler neck and drilled my own mounting location for it.... On the passenger side you will definitely have to modify the front so you can remount the alternator. I’ve had no issues at all with them, but I will say it was a pain in the a$$ getting everything set up right.
View attachment 3006

I have that exact same set still new in the box. Been sitting in the trunk for several years. [emoji38]

Darkhorse95

Reaction score
I have that exact same set still new in the box. Been sitting in the trunk for several years. [emoji38]

Lol, that sounds like some sh*t I would do.
But like I said, they will fit. It’s just requires a little bit of creativity and some modifying. I tend to have a stubborn side and if I want something in particular I’m gonna make it happen one way or another

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, that sounds like some sh*t I would do.
But like I said, they will fit. It’s just requires a little bit of creativity and some modifying. I tend to have a stubborn side and if I want something in particular I’m gonna make it happen one way or another

I bought them thinking I’d use them several years ago. And then the design took a dramatic turn and now there will be nothing shiny under the hood. So either I have to scuff these and hydro dip them or pick up another set to hydro dip.

Darkhorse95

Reaction score
I like the style of them. The fabricated look is cool. Personally, I think they would look awesome hydro dipped

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litelmac

Members online