94Pro-5.0 re-build thread

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
I had a build thread for the car in the past but all of the picture links are broken and it has not been updated in years...so I'm starting a new one. This project is slow going but I am finally starting to make some progress so I figured I'd start another build thread.

After 2-3 years of the car sitting outside of my dads shop, I was finally able to get the car to my house and start messing with it here and there

With a full time job, 2 kids, and my other 69 Mach 1 project, there isn't much free time left to work on the car

I did most of the wire tuck years ago. I'm currently shaving the engine bay with Scott Rod panels, fabbing custom hard stainless brake lines and -AN air conditioning lines.

I relocated the fuse box to the inner fender area. I flipped it upside down for easy access to the fuses from underneath

Most of the holes on the radiator support and shock towers have been welded

More wire tucking

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
Here is the car prior to being torn apart. i'm sure there's a few members on here that will remember it.

Lanter

Reaction score
Very cool project. Car looks great! Has it been resprayed? Haha my son had the same ferrari walker when he was younger.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I need to do the same thing to mine after sitting for a few years. Just bought new stainless brake lines and probably gonna do the fuel system also.

Kids are expensive and time consuming, did I mention expensive :) Mine are turning 4 and 6 so free time is starting to come back slowly.

What are you planning for the next couple of mods?

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
Very cool project. Car looks great! Has it been resprayed? Haha my son had the same ferrari walker when he was younger.

Yes. All emblems, key holes, antenna, front license holes, and side marker reflectors were shaved. The car is painted with a custom PPG color. The color was also mixed into the first 2 coats of clear to give it depth and a unique glow. Then many more coats of high-solids PPG clear. The entire underside of the car has also been cleaned and sprayed with bed liner. After sitting outside under trees for years there are many flaws that I will have to touch up and buff out. I also need to shave the spoiler holes on the trunk lid and spray the Cobra R hood.

I need to do the same thing to mine after sitting for a few years. Just bought new stainless brake lines and probably gonna do the fuel system also.

Kids are expensive and time consuming, did I mention expensive :) Mine are turning 4 and 6 so free time is starting to come back slowly.

What are you planning for the next couple of mods?

My boy just turned one and my daughter is 4. Free time is almost impossible. I go to the garage late when everyone's asleep

As far as mods go, that's a long list. I need to finish the top end of the 331. I just ordered my FTI custom cam last week, and my heads and intake are at the machine shop. I have a MM torque arm to install, interior to finish, a lot of parts to find that are stashed away at my dads house, and a lot of other odds and ends.

I also have a lot of parts I need to powder coat like my Griggs K member, A-arms, upper intake, accessory brackets and lots more.

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
i didn't get much done over the weekend besides removing all of the old brake lines.

Got this cool tool from Eastwood to flare my own lines

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
Ran into an almost "too good to be true" deal on a set of seats out of a 12k mile 2013 GT500

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Great project! I really like how the Scott rod panels look and those seats look awesome.

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
Minor updates:

FTI custom cam

March Stainless Alternator to Vortech bracket to replace the ugly, flat Vortech bracket

Drivers side inner fender panel is tacked in place

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Its the little details like that alternator bracket that make a build awesome! Can't wait to see where it goes!

Turbulence

Reaction score
Sure is looking very sweet. I think I need to follow your lead and start doing a wire tuck. What a job that is. Keep posting, I can't wait to see how this comes out.

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
Haven't done a whole lot to the car over the past few months besides collecting some parts and selling off some old parts. I've nearly completed narrowing the rear end on my 69 Mach 1 project. That car should be hitting the paint booth soon so The 94 will see some more of my time.

I am selling my Boze wheels to a friend of mine with a 93 Reef Blue Notch since I picked up a new set of 19" wheels :grin:

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
Nice build. Trying to get the motivation to get back to work on mine and builds like this definitely help. What dampner are you running on your 331? Any fitment issues or direct bolt on? I've been having trouble finding one listed for our cars

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
Nice build. Trying to get the motivation to get back to work on mine and builds like this definitely help. What dampner are you running on your 331? Any fitment issues or direct bolt on? I've been having trouble finding one listed for our cars

I used a Ford Racing damper when I had everything balanced, but I really want to switch to an Innovators West balancer before I put the motor back in the car. They are a little pricey, but they look so damn good and they make one for our cars. the also have specific dampers for blower cars.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Cant wait to see those HREs on there! Lets see some pics of the '69 too!

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
I used a Ford Racing damper when I had everything balanced, but I really want to switch to an Innovators West balancer before I put the motor back in the car. They are a little pricey, but they look so damn good and they make one for our cars. the also have specific dampers for blower cars.
Thanks, I'll look them up and check it out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online