94scdave's PAINT & MISC. THREAD

94scdave

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not much on posting to forums but I thought since I'm taking on such a big project I'd document it on here. I'm planning on keeping the car red so I don't have to do the jambs and around the trunk,etc. So far I've fixed the few door dings and little dents I have. Bought some polyester primer from Eastwood just waiting to shot the primer to it when I get the time off from work. Anyway a few pics of the progress.
u2y5y8as.jpg
7yhydame.jpg
yry8azyb.jpg
5y5ysy4y.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
What kind of set up do u have . As far as air compressor and paint guns

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
I want the red to be a little darker. Maybe like a torch red. If any of you guys have a red stang I'd like to c some pics on here. Also if changed the color and what paint u used. A few more pics. Bought a new fender brand new from a local salvage yard. The guy told told me he had a used one of a 96 but when I got there he couldbt find it so he sold me the new one for the used price
abuvehyb.jpg
5ahuduma.jpg
yva9uhun.jpg

Eventually be the market for a cobra bumper and hood

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Nice work so far. Gonna throw this out there, why not go badgeless on the fenders? I dig the pony's, just a thought. Oh and I highly suggest body colored mirrors.

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
Aft looking at the pic. Those mirrors do stand out . Wierd now that I look at it. I'm going to look around on the forum for cars with body colored mirrors

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
Finally laid down the primer today. Have been waiting for it to dry so I can apply a good guide coat
qy8upary.jpg
vede9eby.jpg
e3e4epad.jpg

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
5yhazehe.jpg

Got the new ponies today in the mail

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
Finally an update on the car. Found a pretty good deal on cobra hood on the local mustang Facebook page,not the hood I was really wanting but couldn't pass it up. Just have to wet sand and paint. Its in excellent shape. Still have my eyes open for a 95 cobra r hood.
y5ahegud.jpg
$200
ebasy6uv.jpg
OEM

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
Nice work so far. Gonna throw this out there, why not go badgeless on the fenders? I dig the pony's, just a thought. Oh and I highly suggest body colored mirrors.

I've been giving it serious thought about painting the mirrors the body color and I think I will. Make the car a little different than the other ones around here

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I've been giving it serious thought about painting the mirrors the body color and I think I will. Make the car a little different than the other ones around here

You won't regret it. Did mine and will never own another Mustang without painting the mirrors body color

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
Ok so I'm going to try to lay down the last coat of primer with this.
vuba5u6y.jpg

I'll post pics later tonight on how it turns out
duvy6a2y.jpg
aju8yra2.jpg

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
First let me say this little machine really lays down primer really smooth. Now to find out if it does the same with paint
pe7u9aqe.jpg

Harbor freight $75 w/a coupon. It comes with 3 different size needles. I over thinned the primer a little that's why there's a few white streaks
eqa6ynas.jpg

But no orange peel at all
dy8upu9e.jpg

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
Decided while im waiting on getting the money to buy my base and clear coat I'd do a little work to the engine bay. Disconnected a few things and pulled them out of the way. Here's some b4 pics
yru4yzu2.jpg
ujyte6e7.jpg
6e5a2ujy.jpg

OP
OP
94scdave

94scdave

Reaction score
And after. Looks better in person. Im happy with it. I'll retape all the wire looms
utazezu3.jpg
6u8yzanu.jpg
4a3u6y5e.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online