95 5.0 mustang with cog drive pulleys

dfg_eli

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum,and need some help. I have a 95 5.0 that i am putting a gilmer belt drive pulley system on,i know about the reverse rotation water pumps and covers for these cars, and am trying to figure out what year car or truck timing cover i am supposed to use to run these pulleys as they require standard clockwise rotation. I have a new 83 mustang water pump, but i have no idea on what year timing cover to use with that pump. It is clockwise rotation but now i need the cover.

Reasons being is i want the cover with the mechanical fuel pump boss on it ,and without the dipstick hole on it,and also need the outlet to stay in the stock drivers side location. Can anyone help me out with this? What year cover do i use?

For any reason Will the balancer need to be changed ?because it seems like it would be awfully close to the water pump exit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks..

95opal

Reaction score
85 gt cover will work for your set up as they were carbed and used a mechanical pump with a standard rotation water pump.

OP
OP
dfg_eli

dfg_eli

Reaction score
85 gt cover will work for your set up as they were carbed and used a mechanical pump with a standard rotation water pump.

Awesome man, thanks, now would the water pump i bought for an 83 work with that cover?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online